Friday 4 February 11.30am - 1.00pm
Learn to Knit Workshop - Beginners or Refreshers (2 part)
The ABC of Knitting!
With Kay Dudman.
Would you like to learn to knit? Perhaps you tried it years ago, but your project ended up in a bag behind the sofa… and now you feel ready to get started again with some help.
COST: £55 total (includes refreshments, knitting needles and some wool)
DATE & TIME: Friday 4th and 11thFebruary, 11am-1pm
DURATION: 4 hours in total (2 hours each class)
WHAT TO BRING : A notebook and pen if you wish to jot down ideas. Needles and yarn will be provided but if you have your own, you are welcome to bring them.
LOCATION: 364 Green Lanes, Palmers Green, N13 5XL (entrance inside Post Office)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Part 1. Introducing knitting
- Equipment essentials: knitting needles, yarn
- Useful extras: crochet hook, wool sewing needle, scissors, tape measure/ruler
- How to hold the yarn - important to maintain an even tension
- Casting on - starting to knit
- The knit stitch and garter stitch fabric
- Casting off - finishing a piece
- Finishing off - sewing in ends, making seams
Part 2. Introducing purl stitches
- The purl stitch
- Different patterns using knit and purl: garter stitch (all knit or all purl)
- stocking stitch and reversed stocking stitch
- ribbing variations (single rib, double rib, mock rib
- moss (seed) stitch
- Irish moss stitch
PGC cannot guarantee that all What's On information is 100% accurate. If in doubt, we recommend you contact the organisers or visit their website using the More Details button.