pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Where has all the anger gone?

Where has all the anger gone?

Karl Brown

02 Feb 2023 13:17 #6756

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Emerging from the recent Public Art in PG consultation (#6745 &6) I commented it was possibly the calmest community event I had experienced. Then along comes the first new PG ward Forum earlier this week and it’s the same! Again, a couple of dozen or so attendees showing a general intent to listen and work towards some undefined result without blaming some other or feeling personally persecuted for whatever. I’m not sure if the opportunities for sub-culture fringe shouting are now so great on social media and non-mainstream radio / TV that there is no need to attend face to face community events, or if the current UK bin-fire has so clouded any sight of Brexit’s sunlit uplands that despair has simply taken over. Whatever the driver, local meets seem to be the beneficiary, and long may it continue.
The PG ward forum itself, having heard much input, concluded that future sessions will have a core agenda based around:
Broomfield Park
The shopping area
Police (aka crime)
In addition, it will look for ideas which may contribute towards a better PG, so as to be oven-ready if and when future investment opportunities arise, plus a window to highlight PG’s good-news.
Add in the art to come and not a bad first month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.696 seconds