pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: PG Community Twitter Feed

PG Community Twitter Feed

Darren Edgar

31 Jul 2017 15:46 #3145

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

This website and forum is great. Hats off to those who keep it going.

The twitter feed though does not reflect the forum from which it derives its being.

What does FPTP vs PR have to do with Palmers Green? Especially when considering Northern Ireland?!
Where is public versus private space an issue??

This forum is fairly apolitical. The feed reeks of an agenda, and quite a pompous self-righteous one too. Basically you're blindly left-winging environmentalist or you're a bad person. Personally I think it spoils the promotion of a valuable community resource/website.
The topic has been locked.

PG Community Twitter Feed

Basil Clarke

31 Jul 2017 20:33 #3146

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

David Eden wrote:

What does FPTP vs PR have to do with Palmers Green? Especially when considering Northern Ireland?!
Where is public versus private space an issue??

This forum is fairly apolitical. The feed reeks of an agenda, and quite a pompous self-righteous one too. Basically you're blindly left-winging environmentalist or you're a bad person. Personally I think it spoils the promotion of a valuable community resource/website.

All the issues that I retweet on are relevant to the wellbeing of local communities, which require fair voting systems, a comprehensive national health system, clean air, safe roads, excellent public services, public spaces in which people can go about all legal activities and haven't been privatised, and, first and foremost, a habitable climate. (Northern Ireland is a red herring, something that I retweeted accidentally, but why is it such a big deal that you've mentioned it twice?)

Mr Trump (I know it's you - you gave yourself away by calling me a "bad person"), regardless of whether I am in fact "pompous" and "self-righteous", "blindly left-winging" or a "bad person", such personal attacks are not permitted on these forums, and this is your last warning before being banned.

If raising concerns about important issues is being pompous and self-righteous, then I'm proud to plead guilty.

Might I remind you of our previous discussion about the side gate at Palmers Green station, during which, while throwing in another personal insult aimed at me, you put forward the view that it was Govia Great Northern's prerogative to run the station as it chooses, even though it is being subsidised from the public purse. Well, this website is entirely paid for out of my (private) pocket, I write most of the content, I wrote the custom code, I spend many hours finding information and events and adding them to the database, so I think I could justifiably say that it's my prerogative to retweet some comments and links to articles about important issues. Whether or not anyone reads them or agrees with them is their prerogative.

This discussion is now closed.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds