pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: A105 Experimental Traffic Order A5 leaflet with link to website questionnaire.

A105 Experimental Traffic Order A5 leaflet with link to website questionnaire.

Neil Littman

15 Feb 2019 09:35 #4388

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Did anybody in the Palmers Green area received the attached leaflet which was sent out by Cycle Enfield on behalf of Enfield Council on December 18th 2018. It may have been together with other items as this would have been economical for the mail delivery company in the run up to Christmas. The leaflet was actually a call to action to ask residents and businesses to engage with the council online to answer 9 questions about parking, loading and waiting along the A105 Green Lanes and nearby where the cycle lanes were built. Does anyone remember going on to the website to make a response. Approximately 17,000 leaflets were printed for distribution. The map shows the area covered.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Karl Brown

15 Feb 2019 14:38 #4390

I saw it but didn't respond.

Basil Clarke

16 Feb 2019 00:55 #4393

Yes, we definitely got this through our door. As soon as it arrived, I went to the link on the leaflet, found out it was about parking spaces and loading bays and hence of no great interest (not about cycle lanes, as some people contend), so didn't respond. But we probably still have the leaflet somewhere in one of many piles of papers.

I see that this has sparked off another of the regular conspiracy theories about the council's consultations, claims that people didn't receive the 17,000 leaflets. I've heard this story so many times whenever there's a consultation. I just don't believe it. How come we get these leaflets when other people in the same street swear blind they didn't?

My theory is that people just throw them away without giving them a glance, because we get so much useless stuff through our doors, and one flyer looks very much like another. In fact, I suspect that some people throw things away even faster when they see an Enfield Council logo. And then, when they find out that something has happened that they could have commented on, they kick up a fuss about not receiving the leaflets. It's the same story every time and I just don't believe it.

Neil Littman

19 Feb 2019 23:18 #4399

Neil Littman wrote:

Did anybody in the Palmers Green area received the attached leaflet which was sent out by Cycle Enfield on behalf of Enfield Council on December 18th 2018. It may have been together with other items as this would have been economical for the mail delivery company in the run up to Christmas. The leaflet was actually a call to action to ask residents and businesses to engage with the council online to answer 9 questions about parking, loading and waiting along the A105 Green Lanes and nearby where the cycle lanes were built. Does anyone remember going on to the website to make a response. Approximately 17,000 leaflets were printed for distribution. The map shows the area covered.

If you wish to respond please email

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Neil Littman

19 Feb 2019 23:19 #4400

If you wish to respond to the post please email

Basil Clarke

03 Apr 2019 19:18 #4473

I was told by an Enfield Cabinet member this week that the firm that delivered the 17,000 consultation leaflets uses GPS to track the movement of its employees. They have confirmed that the GPS tracking shows that the distributors went to all the addresses where people have stated that they did not receive the leaflet about the A105 traffic orders consultation.

This just strengthens my conviction that people either just threw the leaflets away without reading them or, if they did read them, they then forgot about it. To my mind it's inconceivable that either the council or the firm with the contract to deliver have been lying about delivery of the leaflets.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.655 seconds