pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Calling all New River fans

Calling all New River fans

Sarah Hayes

17 Mar 2016 14:06 #2067

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Hello there,

We are trying to create a sustainable network of local groups along the New River who will hold regular clean-up days and give it a bit of tlc.

A couple of dates for your diaries:

Friday April 15th - 10:30am - 12:00pm
Planning Meeting - to bring everyone together / discuss plans
(venue tbc - I will share this very soon - just wanted to get the dates in your diaries!)

Saturday 28th May - 10am - 1:00pm

Day of Action!

It would be great if those of you who are interested in taking part could make the planning meeting - but I completely appreciate that some of you will be at work so am happy to keep anyone updated / feed in ideas suggestions in your absence.
Thames21 will also be in attendance and we have also invited a representative from Thames Water.

Hope to meet some of you there!

Thanks,
Sarah.

Sarah Hayes
Senior Project Coordinator
CleanupUK

*Find out more:*
facebook.com/cleanupcrew.uk
twitter.com/Cleanup_UK
www.cleanupuk.org.uk
and
www.litteraction.org.uk - the website for volunteers that we run with the
Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sarah Hayes

22 Mar 2016 14:18 #2068

I am pleased to say we now have a venue confirmed for the planning meeting which will take place on:

Friday 15th April from 10:30am – 12:00pm at: The Redmond Community Centre Kayani Avenue, London, N4 2HF.

The nearest tube station is Manor House: MAP

We understand that not everyone will be able to make this date but if we can get representatives from across the 3 boroughs (Enfield, Haringey, Hackney) that would be fantastic!

Along with our partners at Thames21, we will look at maps of the New River and decide which grot spots people want to tackle. Please do come with suggestions.

Also, just to remind you that the initial clean up will happen on:
Saturday 28th May from 10am – 1pm (at various locations to be agreed at the planning meeting along the NR path).

Hope you can make it. But don’t worry if you’re busy this time – we are aiming to create a sustainable network of groups who can continue to look after this wonderful green path/waterway - so there will be more opportunities to get involved!

If you would like to be added to the e-mail list for this project please do message me your e-mail address:

Sharron wess

03 Jun 2018 16:50 #3902

Walking along the new river today 3.6.18 from palmers green line at to the North circular road we noticed 3 possibly 4 encampments. By the library it looks as if children are living there. The rubbish in the undergrowth and the small of human waste on this hot day was very prevelant. Concerned for welfare and sanitation. It was good to see on the stretch to Middleton road bring used by a great variety of people. I was not sure who to share this info with so you arscthe first.

Adrian Day

03 Jun 2018 21:48 #3903

I would suggest contacting Thames Water asap - they own and are responsible for the River and the banks.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.674 seconds