pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Covid in Enfield - not looking good!

Covid in Enfield - not looking good!

Basil Clarke

09 Dec 2020 17:19 #5790

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Covid figures in Enfield are moving in the wrong direction - upwards. The graph above comes from the Zoe Covid Symptom Study covid.joinzoe.com/ .

A story in the Enfield Independent, based on Public Health England data, is equally disturbing, reporting that the Covid-19 infection rate in Enfield climbed by 36.5 per cent in the week to December 4, reaching 220.7 new cases per 100,000 people. Hotspots mentioned include two nearby areas - Tatem Park and Bowes.

www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/18931514.covid-19-infection-rates-sharply-enfield-haringey/

I don't find this particularly surprising because every day I walk past shops where people aren't wearing masks or standing apart from one another. Barbers' shops are openly ignoring the rules. I saw one yesterday where a barber was shaving a customer. Neither had masks and their noses were a few inches apart. The police and council need to intervene and if necessary just close down these barbers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid in Enfield - not looking good!

PGC Webmaster

16 Dec 2020 23:20 #5804

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Covid is continuing to increase in Enfield, at a fast rate. This graph, from the Zoe Covid Symptom Study , shows the evolution since September, when rates were very low following the original lockdown.

A report in Enfield Dispatch states that the rate nearly doubled over the past week and includes this chart.

The Dispatch report is using a different measure of Covid prevalence than Zoe.

For data on smaller areas (eg Palmers Green West) go to this page and enter a postcode: coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds