pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Residents' association looking to rewrite its constitution

Residents' association looking to rewrite its constitution

Karl Brown

20 Jan 2022 12:46 #6345

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Any RA certainly has the potential to be useful but I suspect a simple approach to developing a committee might be better suited to generating a representative body and so be more likely to carry genuine weight with 3rd parties, something like: is a resident, has paid subs, has a pulse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sue Beard

21 Jan 2022 09:30 #6346

Oh dear

First I have hear about this meeting and I pay by dd and live in the same street as the venue. I haven’t changed email addresses,and there is nothing in my spam folder.

. I work for a professional body and often get involved in governance. This is the kind of rules put into place for a thousands of members several million pound operation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Day

Philip Sheffield

28 Jan 2022 12:44 #6365

On Wednesday night the changes were debated and amended at an EGM. The agreed new constitution will be viewable on the website of the FLDRA. The meeting was extremely good natured and thorough. We had very helpful suggestions and the final versions of both the Constitution and Code of Conduct were unanimously agreed by a well attended meeting.
Regarding Ms Beard's comments. Her name does not appear on the data base of the FLDRA and she is not subscribed to our mail chimp newsletter. The data base is built on information we received from the outgoing committee last year plus new subscribers. If she believes she is a member please email and we can look into it.

Sue Beard

31 Jan 2022 06:56 #6368

Hi Philip

I have been a member since 2007. We pay by dd. I will check whether payments have been taken this year and get in touch as you suggest. By the way, you must under dd regulations inform people before payments are taken as this is one of the requirements of the dd scheme . Sorry I have to think about these things all day!

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.689 seconds