pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: May issue of Enfield Dispatch

May issue of Enfield Dispatch

PGC Webmaster

01 May 2019 17:46 #4506

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

[Original article]

Issue 7enfield dispatch may 2019 of the Enfield Dispatchis now being distributed to hundreds of locations across the borough, so go and pick up your copy. You can also get it delivered to your door by becoming a member.

Following reports that some people are having difficultly finding the Dispatch in some of the places listed on the website, the publishers have now purchased four news stands where the paper will be stocked. The first two of these have been installed outside Southgate Underground Station and at the Ruth Winston Community Centre in Palmers Green. Two more will be installed very shortly in Enfield Town and Edmonton Green, close to the stations in these areas.

The deadline for the next edition is Tuesday 21st May. If you'd like to suggest an article idea please email .

In this month's edition the top story is the calls for 'government action' following a recent spate of stabbings in Edmonton.

On Page 2 a lollipop warden hits out at the council for axing all eleven of the borough's school crossing patrols.

On Page 3 ex-councillors speak out following the Labour Party's rebuke over the Enfield group's handling of its 2018 selection process.

On Page 5 there's a new social enterprise launching in Palmers Green that aims to get people sewing.

On Page 6 thousands of people sign a petition to save weekly bin collections.

On Page 8 a schoolteacher recounts the battle to oppose academisation at her school in Edmonton. 

On Page 11 a gin distillery in Bowes is making a big name for itself.

And on Page 13 a mum explains what led her to launch a local choir designed for busy parents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

chico pachéco

02 May 2019 11:36 #4507

If only I had 26 copies to personally deliver to every flat in our Residential Home at Pegasus Court, 80 Green Lanes, N21 2RW.
Thank you.

David Hughes

02 May 2019 19:16 #4508

I picked up my first printed version of an 'Enfield Dispatch' this afternoon, and was impressed. Perhaps a 200 word limit for readers' letters is a bit tight, but I suppose that provided contributors stick to their own views rather than attacking other peoples' opinions it will usually be enough. Time and endeavour will tell.

When the prior editions were published I asked my chief scout (at home she's my wife) to look out for them, but neither she or me ever came across a copy until the two new locations were announced on this website a few days ago. And it was one of those two: Ruth Winston Community Centre that I was successful; there were quite a few left. We'll try Southgate Underground Station for the June edition.

The Ruth Winston Community Centre will be convenient for my wife and me because we are interested in local issues and will go out of our way to find a copy, but I suppose that for the community at large it will be at places like supermarkets that most people will 'come across' their copies (in the early days at any rate). It will be interesting and helpful to see how it pans out, and now that I've found out how to secure a copy with some certainty I'll introduce our friends to it.

PGC Webmaster

04 May 2019 00:10 #4511

A reminder that you can now find copies of Enfield Dispatch in this newsstand in the front garden of the Ruth Winston Centre (in Green Lanes, near the junction with Oakthorpe Road). There are two more newsstands - outside Southgate and Edmonton Green stations
Attachments:

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds