pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Enfield Council fooling the PG community! No Xmas Cheer for us.

Enfield Council fooling the PG community! No Xmas Cheer for us.

Kaye Castanheira

27 Nov 2016 17:12 #2461

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Enfield Council have lied to the residences of Palmers Green and it matters. We were told by Enfield Council that they were going to make Palmers Green a colourful Xmas on our High Street all around the Town Centre Parade, and only a few days ago we were told that supposedly they could not afford it due to community cutbacks, and now I see that they had spent mine and others residences tax money on Xmas Decorations and Lights on Enfield Town, however cutbacks were not an issue with Enfield Town as they have put up the Xmas Lights and Decorations in Enfield Town using the revenue from the residents of Palmers Green, hypocrisy...Enfield Council have proven that they do not appreciate Palmers Green they want Enfield Town to look better then Palmers Green....but even without the Xmas decorations Enfield Town and surrounding area will never come close to the physical beauty of Palmers Green even if is seriously neglected by Enfield. No apologies strongly believing that the lack of Xmas Decorations in Palmers Green matter, it is part of our traditions, our community spirit about the essence of joy, Xmas embodies about the joys of existing. It is about time Palmers Green ended its relationship with Enfield Council and established it's own Local Government Offices, spend our own money on our own area and we will manage very well without Enfield Council in fact Palmers Green will really prosper!!!

I would like to know from Enfield Council the people secretly responsible to yea or nay for PG, as this is a disgrace! they might not like brightly Xmas lights in their lives, but I want it in my life and from all that i have spoken too in my town centre, we feel they are bring PG down and aiming to plush up Enfield Town.

We insist in PG on having our Xmas lights its all about bringing people and the whole of the community together in these very trying times!

Emails sent to all Councillors, Mary Maguire, Bambos Charalambous, let's see if they respond to my messages!

Please follow link:
www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/14034677.Christmas_lights_go_up_in_Enfield_town_centre/?ref=fbshr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chrystalla Georgiou

28 Nov 2016 00:31 #2462

Many residents would feel a little awkward addressing the decision of Enfield Council to omits the seasons Xmas decorations in PG on the grounds that other important services will suffer due to central government reduced funds to Enfield Council based on austerity.

However, Enfield Council are not generous with the truth. Essentially, Central Government wants all local authorities to be much more self sufficient in the future without having to depend heavily on Central Government grants.

Hence, another reason for the prolific amount of new properties mainly flats with shop outlets below being build in every single borough and indeed, PG has already had its fair share. The collection of Council Tax and Revenue is booting Enfield Councils public spending pot, therefore it should not be using the excuse that there is no money for Xmas decorations and lights. There is money for Xmas decorations and for our public services.

Enfield Council benefits hugely form PG and some respect would be much appreciated given that PG is the portal to Enfield Town.

I wonder, the lack of Xmas decorations and sparkle to the PG and its residents a suggestive sign to expect other cutback in PG ahead from Enfield Council.

An area can only prosper with investment and adoration.

Kaye Castanheira

02 Dec 2016 23:29 #2478

Enfield Council collect a huge amount of Revenue and Council Tax from Palmers Green for a tiny return in services and to exacerbate matters Enfield Council wants Shops to be DIY for the Xmas Decorations of Green Lanes. That is just plain rudeness.

It is only right that Enfield provide the Xmas Lights and Deco just like Westminster has for Central London, and just like other boroughs for their areas. Most shops in Palmers Green are just about financially able to pay their Revenue to Enfield Council. Shopkeepers should just be thoughtful and decorate their own shop windows but not Green Lanes, that is Enfield Council’ responsibility from the Revenue paid. If Enfield Council want revenue to increase then it must play its part in making the whole area attractive for more traders and shoppers alike in the area.

Enfield Council should be aware that there are many Charity shops in PG and therefore not able to finance the Xmas Lights and Deco in Green Lanes of PG to Enfield – They should also be mindful that because life is expensive people are doing quite a bit of their shopping in these Charity Shops, therefore charity shops are providing a services that encourages people into the area to shop in other shops and enjoying the many eating places in Green Lanes.

Given these glum times were are existing with news of wars raging and homelessness rising in the UK and particularly in London due to the high cost of living which includes Rent and Council Tax, Christmas is so important as its ethos embraces people of all nationalities and religions with hope and joy and certainly gets people excited with those sparking decorations and giving many a young child magical memories. Enfield should not be robbing those from the public.

Enfield Town is a shopping area mainly popular with residents however, Palmers Green is an area that many people pass through and Enfield Council should be mindful by doing its best for Palmers Green by investing to encourage more people to trade and shop in this area which will ultimately, increase the amount of money spent in the area and that benefits Shopkeepers and Enfield Council financially.

Palmers Green is not Enfield Council’s second class residential area, Staff at Enfield C could do well to come and look around Palmers Green and see that it was once an elite’s area given its many attractive listed buildings and the quirky entire aspect on Green Lanes which no other area of Enfield even remotely come close in beauty and with investment provided by Enfield, the area will see it becoming one of Enfield’s best, popular independent and fashionable areas to shop anywhere in North London.

The odd thing about Cutback is that disappointingly Enfield Council can afford to issue their yearly seasonal magazines that goes through the residents letter box and straight in the residents recycling bin without a flicker of a page, that is tax payers money straight in the BIN! Therefore, please do not use Cutback to servicers for the reason of the excuse for not putting up Xmas lights and Deco in palmers green , instead just ditch the Yearly Seasonal Enfield Magazine and save the money for the Palmers Green Xmas Light and Deco. And next year try and not forget the Star on the Xmas as it is symbolic.

Residents have been wondering if there are staff in Enfield Council responsible for PG who are Jehovaur Witness, if that is the case then please tell them not to impose their religious views on Palmers Green, its wrong.

Enfield Staff you have disappointed the residents and shopkeepers of Palmers Green, and maybe if you had lived in Palmers Green then the area would had been adored with Xmas Deco sparkling away. Strange, that it did not even occur to you all to at least put up Colourful Day Time Xmas Decorations across Green Lanes In Palmers Green.

Without doubt, this is the year that all staff in Enfield Council would do well to read the story of Scrooge by Charles Dickens.

Humbug!!!

Karl Brown

11 Dec 2016 10:22 #2494

There is some wonderful Christmas lighting on Winchmore Hill Green. The northern tree has its usual crop of spherical mistletoe, now fully visible through the bare branches. Its counterpart tree to the southern green has been mirrored but with fragile spherical sculptures of light. How they got there and how they are powered I couldn’t say but someone deserves a large pat on the back; an outstanding installation.

Kaye Castanheira

12 Dec 2016 10:53 #2498

It's wonderful to hear there are Christmas lights in Winchmore Hill Green! but the residents and shopkeepers in Palmers Green are still waiting for Enfield Council to use our tax money that we paid into too decorate the areas accordingly as they promised to us last year!

After seeing Central London Christmas Decorations and lights, now we know were all our money has be funded, we also in Enfield areas would like to see some Xmas cheer and boost morale and I am sure our shopkeepers would also like to boost their businesses!

It is very unfair they were are told riddles as due to cutbacks that is the reason we were not given Xmas lights in Palmers Green, so were are the ones from previous years, it was Enfield Council that promised all new ones, we never asked for new lights & decor, so once again we are let down by Enfield Council and this is not the first time. I did express my feeling to them on Facebook and they came back with again more excuses about cutbacks, The council must try and fight for what we want and deserve because at the moment from what I have seen in Palmers Green is a very dreary and suppressed area! it was never ever like this and I am talking about more then 20 years ago and then we had less funding! Some-one in the council is not doing their job properly or does not care about the people living in the area!

There is a reason for Westminster Councils success.

The body of Enfield Council cannot expect the shop businesses in their borough to all have enough funds to provide for their shop high street Christmas Decorations that so vital on a number of level. Westminster unlike Enfield Council invests in their area to make it profitable and for shops to make enough money to be able to be in the position along with Westminster Council to provide the Seasonal Christmas Decorations to encourage good trading and an enjoyable experience for visitors to the shops.

Enfield Council seems to lack the staff that have any comprehension on how to make a success of a shopping area which could reflect positively on Enfield Council and keep Enfield staff from potentially losing their jobs.

Palmers Green is not Enfield Council’s second class residential area, Staff at Enfield C could do well to come and look around Palmers Green and see that it was once an elite’s area given its many attractive listed buildings and the quirky entire aspect on Green Lanes which no other area of Enfield even remotely come close in beauty and with investment provided by Enfield, the area will see it becoming one of Enfield’s best, popular independent and fashionable areas to shop anywhere in North London.

The odd thing about Cutback is that disappointingly, Enfield Council can afford to issue their yearly seasonal magazines that goes through the residents letter box and straight in the residents recycling bin without a flicker of a page, that is tax payers money straight in the BIN! Therefore, please do not use Cutback to services for the reason of the excuse for not putting up Xmas lights and Deco in Palmers green , instead just ditch the Yearly Seasonal Enfield Magazine and save the money for the Palmers Green Xmas Light and Deco. And next year try and not forget the Star on the Xmas as it is symbolic.

Enfield Council collect a huge amount of Revenue and Council Tax from Palmers Green for a tiny return in services and to exacerbate matters Enfield Council wants Shops to be DIY for the Xmas Decorations of Green Lanes. That is just plain rudeness.

It is only right that Enfield provide the Xmas Lights and Deco just like Westminster has for Central London, and just like other boroughs for their areas. Most shops in Palmers Green are just about financially able to pay their Revenue to Enfield Council. Shopkeepers should just be thoughtful and decorate their own shop windows but not Green Lanes, that is Enfield Council’ responsibility from the Revenue paid. If Enfield Council want revenue to increase then it must play its part in making the whole area attractive for more traders and shoppers alike in the area.

Enfield Council should be aware that there are many Charity shops in PG and therefore not able to finance the Xmas Lights and Deco in Green Lanes of PG to Enfield – They should also be mindful that because life is expensive people are doing quite a bit of their shopping in these Charity Shops, therefore charity shops are providing a services that encourages people into the area to shop in other shops and enjoying the many eating places in Green Lanes.

Given these glum times were are existing with news of wars raging and homelessness rising in the UK and particularly in London due to the high cost of living which includes Rent and Council Tax, Christmas is so important as its ethos embraces people of all nationalities and religions with hope and joy and certainly gets people excited with those sparking decorations and giving many a young child magical memories. Enfield should not be robbing those from the public.

I am also disgusted that they had blocked me on Facebook as it reads " cannot send messages"

I have send a email to Richard Booth/Enfield Council Service Manager and received more excuses! very poor outcome! Not surprising!!

Chrystalla Georgiou

15 Dec 2016 21:34 #2512

I know who should had paid for PG Green Lanes Christmas Decorations and Lights.

To most residents dismay and horror, Enfield Council has allowed for a plethora of Betting Shops to set up shop in Palmers Green, they have almost taken over PG Green Lanes! Enfield Council should of asked them to finance all the Christmas Decorations and Lights in Palmers Green, non sponsor of course.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds