pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Hideous Red Planters on Green Lanes

Hideous Red Planters on Green Lanes

Kaye Castanheira

26 Mar 2017 22:16 #2916

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I just would like to say if Enfield Council by any chance reads this, I don't understand why the red square planters they look so cheap and so red and make the area look worse then it looked before, I am a huge supporter of having plants everywhere and making our areas have more greenery, but more thought should of been put into this project, round tall natural colour planters so that the plants can be admired more and not having to look at the ugly red square box! The council must be more focus with regenerating our areas with giving us sophistication in mind, we all know that the councils collect a huge amount of revenue from the public so enough with the skimping wit our money.

I won't hold my breathe with Enfield Council changing the ugly planters that's just ruined our area, in future it would be nice to ask the residents what they would like in there community, after all it is our money and its called democracy, we all should have a say.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paul Mandel

27 Mar 2017 23:54 #2921

Kaye. I'll have you know that Enfield Council is very proud of their handful of new planters, paid for with our money. See here.

www.facebook.com/252946378095154/videos/1366926093363838/ .
Funny, that there was money for this, but not Christmas decorations

Hope they don't end up like these ones in Camden . Shrubby herbs that are supposed to be low maintenance.

But, dear old Cllr. aAnderson espllains why here:
Attachments:

Chrystalla Georgiou

29 Mar 2017 22:18 #2934

I too share the sentiment of these planters in PG.

I had recently walked pass these very unflattering street planters in PG. One wonders where they manage to get hold of such street planters and at the same time think they were appropriate for Palmers Green.

I cannot help but suspect that the Enfield Council employee(s) who selected them does not live in PG otherwise they would had made a far better choice for the area.

Of course we the residents of PG want our area to be as green and flowery as possible for the good of our environment/atmosphere and to help elevate the area but please Enfield Council do not spoil the beauty of the plants by cruelly putting them in the most ugly street planters.

By the way Paul Mandel, your images and words of those planters made me laugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaye Castanheira

Seeing red in Green Lanes

PGC Webmaster

29 Mar 2017 23:34 #2936

Kaye Castanheira

03 Apr 2017 18:08 #2943

I did ask for more plants and greenery in my area, were are the brightly coloured plants?? Why ugly brown sticks?? why such ugly huge maroon planters?? The council should know about democracy and ask all residents what they would like to see in there areas, they are good at bombarding us all with electoral voting leaflets, we contribute a lot of r money to the revenue, so we should have a say what we like and want in r areas, I am not going to be grateful because my tax money was spent without any thought put into it, it looks like a slapdash job just to shut us up! I want to see tall round sophisticated planters, mute colour so that the greenery can show and not be blinded by the aggressive ugly maroon colour! It does not represent nature nor calmness which should be all about healthy living that is what we should be aiming to help to liven up our well-being.

I remember I asked for Xmas decor in Palmers Green and I was told there'll be none as there was no money, and now all of a sudden money is found and thrown away on cheap looking plants & items, Enfield Council represents carelessness and they must think that is what we deserve is rubbish, what is the point of working for the community if no thought nor care is seriously taken , I'm sure these people who make up these choices do not even live in the area! Palmers Green/Green Lanes has literally gone to POTS!!!

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds