pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Funfairs and circus in Broomfield Park

Funfairs and circus in Broomfield Park

Graham Bennett

22 Jun 2018 09:08 #3934

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

The 4not24broomfieldpark website suggests emailing the cabinet member for the environment (Dogan) and the ward Councillors for Palmers Green. This ward includes Broomfield Avenue, but the park itself and some of the neighbouring roads are in Southgate Green ward. Old Park, Grovelands, Lakeside and Derwent Roads are in Winchmore Hill ward. I've emailed my comments to the councillors in these two wards as well:

Southgate Green: , ,

Winchmore Hill: , ,

I also note that the event list I downloaded from the Enfield website suggests 6,500 visitors on the first day! This would be rather alarming but I suspect it's the total for the whole period as for following days it shows just 280 people attending each day.

I don't know what assessment the Council has made for the cost to reinstate the Park and cope with security or environmental issues. But the grass will surely die if it's covered for 4 weeks so either it's reseeded (at whose cost?) and is out of use for even longer, or it's left with a lot of bare patches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Margaret Gourd

22 Jun 2018 09:14 #3935

Thank you, David Williamson and others for your comments on the proposal to have a fair in Broomfield Park for 24 days. We too dread the advent of the fair at Bank Holidays for several reasons and find the idea of its presence for 24 days intolerable. We have written to the Council to voice our strong objection and will attend the meeting on Sunday.
Roger and Margaret Gourd

Karl Brown

24 Jun 2018 20:54 #3938

Heartening reaction to the PG Festival at today’s very well attended public meeting in the park, this despite PGF being a “large” event. Six months or so into a lot of work for the team that’s good to know. There’s always room to assist the production; not least we could do with a few responsible heads on the day to keep an eye on specific areas, areas such as our own children’s fun fair.
Attachments:

David Williamson

25 Jun 2018 15:18 #3939

If you also object to the creeping intrusion of fairgrounds into our parks, an online petition is now open at goo.gl/DsDKba . 300 objections have already been lodged in a paper petition from yesterday's meeting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren Edgar

Darren Edgar

25 Jun 2018 15:42 #3940

Done! Thanks for posting.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.707 seconds