pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: 2018 timetables consultation: Govia drop plan to improve Sunday services

Palmers Green: Not on the map

Karl Brown

18 Jan 2018 09:17 #3552

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Yesterday’s Standard highlights pressure on TfL by several transport groups. They seek the inclusion of the new Thameslink line, which will connect PG, via Finsbury Park, to 80 new stations on routes to Brighton and Kent, on their maps.
“It’s a high-frequency service that is meant to complement the Tube but nobody is going to know about it.”
“We think that clarity for passengers about the services available is really important.”
Spot on, and let’s hope they include PG and the London part of the Hertford Loop while they are at it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Edward Asheart

20 Jan 2018 20:13 #3559

Karl Brown wrote:

Yesterday’s Standard highlights pressure on TfL by several transport groups. They seek the inclusion of the new Thameslink line, which will connect PG, via Finsbury Park, to 80 new stations on routes to Brighton and Kent, on their maps.
“It’s a high-frequency service that is meant to complement the Tube but nobody is going to know about it.”
“We think that clarity for passengers about the services available is really important.”
Spot on, and let’s hope they include PG and the London part of the Hertford Loop while they are at it.

To be fair, it is a TfL map and should therefore be reserved for TfL services. We need better marketing and easier access to the London Connections Map which shows all rail services in the capital and the South-East. The current Tube map is too small to accommodate the London Overground lines out of Liverpool Street in my view, never mind any further additions.

Darren Edgar

22 Jan 2018 10:05 #3566

Just get a tube map app on your phone. Shows everything you need and with much greater functionality of a paper map - is also always with you unlike needing to find a map of a wall.

Mine, on Andriod, is TUBEMAP developed by Mapway. 100% recommend (the free version).

Karl Brown

22 Jan 2018 11:27 #3567

Think instead of the new Londoner looking for somewhere to live, or perhaps a business person randomly browsing a TfL map who happens to seek fast Old Street connections to relocate, or central visitors to London exploring future suburban airb&b locations with good access, or… Investment and new blood having interest or curiosity stimulated just on the off chance as they wait for a tube - as well as ad hoc incremental spend - is what it’s about. I personally have all the maps, apps, London and PG knowledge I need! If all they see is a void then I suspect the chances are PG will get 100% passed over, so missing an opportunity.

Darren Edgar

22 Jan 2018 11:49 #3568

I guess it depends how you look at it. To me, all those situations are likely to have persons tech-savvy enough to use Google and/or mobile apps. I download city travel network maps when I go abroad (one for the Paris metro was particularly useful) as I want info in my pocket accessible at all times.

Karl Brown

22 Jan 2018 16:13 #3569

Logic would then dictate scrapping all London's wall borne maps and saving some pounds.

Darren Edgar

23 Jan 2018 10:41 #3571

Tis the future!

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.757 seconds