pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Details of Bowes low-traffic neighbourhood scheme published

Please support this imperfect plan – it may be our only chance for healthy streets in Bowes

Paul MUIR

12 Aug 2020 17:17 #5474

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

This scheme does nothing but push the problem further east into Myddleton Rd, Spencer Avenue, Green Lanes , Wolves Lane, etc. I find it amusing that Brownlow Rd is seen as too narrow for all this traffic but our small residential streets in Bowes Park can obviously cope. Our streets are already used as rat runs and they will become super rat runs. But then again, we are not Enfield residents but Haringey residents so our lives obviously don't matter. Enfield Council must know this, and this diktat is a cynical ploy to just hoist traffic over to us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please support this imperfect plan – it may be our only chance for healthy streets in Bowes

Adrian Day

12 Aug 2020 20:58 #5475

Your area needs an LTN too - I understand there's a resident's group being set-up to campaign for one.

Details of Bowes low-traffic neighbourhood scheme published

PGC Webmaster

12 Aug 2020 22:34 #5476

Enfield Dispatch editor James Cracknell has been doing some old-fashioned journalism - contacting people in the area and asking them for their views - in fact, I get the impression he may actually have met the people face-to-face! Predictably, views are mixed and the article sets out arguments both for and against.

Read his report here.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.722 seconds