pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Fox Lane low-traffic neighbourhood

Fox Lane low-traffic neighbourhood

Richard Carlowe

22 Oct 2020 00:17 #5662

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

This is an LTN in Harrow. How can this be legal? Who would want to live behind that knowing that emergency services can’t get through quickly?

This nonsense needs to end
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Adrian Day

22 Oct 2020 08:37 #5663

Attachments:

Adrian Day

22 Oct 2020 08:39 #5664

Not sure how that's relevant to Palmers Green but looks great - quiet streets safe for cycling and walking. Emergency services consulted on all LTN designs of course.

John Hazelwood

22 Oct 2020 11:32 #5665

Cyclists trapped in by the low traffic neighbourhood, the surrounding roads too busy for them to go beyond the planters :(
Either that or they called every cyclist in enfield to pose for this propaganda photograph, I mean what have they all stopped there for?
Clearly we can see its about 2 people supporting this and everyone else is against it because it only benefits a minority.
Im seeing lots of STOP the LTN posters in windows in the lakes estates now. The people must get what they want not what a few people want.
Attachments:

Adrian Day

22 Oct 2020 11:46 #5666

Not one 'Stop the LTN' poster in my street of 150 households

John Hazelwood

22 Oct 2020 12:17 #5667

They are everywhere, everyone is talking about them, but of course you "dont see them" because it doesnt suit your narrative.
"no, they arent there, i cant see them, they burn my eyes, they arent there!"

Karl Brown

22 Oct 2020 12:31 #5668

My memory recalled recently reading of 70+ LTN’s in London (and pretty much the same again country wide), or an awful lot of nonsense to end if Richard Carlowes wish was to come true. However I now read of 160 LTN’s in London with Phase 2 money from the government still anticipated to bring a whole lot more. Love them or hate them, the underlying positions both political parties have accepted in developing transport policy does suggest a get-used-to-them may be the more likely requirement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Day

Adrian Day

22 Oct 2020 18:01 #5669

I think we must be referring to different places, John Hazlewood. A friend and myself walked most of the streets within the Fox Lane low traffic neighbourhood (N13 and N14) this afternoon. Many streets with no anti-ltn posters (happy to walk with you up my street of over 100 households and you can point out the anti posters) , a handful on a few streets in the north - in total less than 100 out of around 3000 households. The only concentration was in the windows of businesses in Cannon Hill. This week's YouGov survey showed that nationally only 8% of population are strongly against ltns, 8% tend to be against, 27% are neutral or don't know, 31% tend to be for and 26% strongly for them. In short 57% support, 16% against and 27% neutral/ dont know. No reason to think that's different in Enfield.
Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.710 seconds