pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: What a street in a Quieter Neighbourhood might look like

What a street in a Quieter Neighbourhood might look like

John Phillips

27 Feb 2017 11:24 #2834

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

This discussion is becoming a tad esoteric.

All I know is that my once quiet residential street, Lakeside Road, is now a rat run and the situation is getting worse. I agree with Clare. Whatever the argument about accident statistics, Walthamstow is now a pleasenter place to live for many of its inhabitants, thanks to the traffic management schemes. (I grew up there too.)

I doubt that Enfield would have the guts to do something as radical for Palmers Green. I also get the impression that the Council gives priority to traffic passing through the borough rather than to its own residents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What a street in a Quieter Neighbourhood might look like

Paul Mandel

24 Mar 2017 00:17 #2901

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Enfield Council has efficiently responded to my FOI request on traffic counts and I attach the data.

The results of my mini surveys of Devonshire Road (showing ave. 1 vehicle per minute) so disparagingly commented on by Basil Clarke, was identical to the Council’s more extensive survey.

So, I do hope Basil will show some contrition, or else eat his hat in private.

If you compare the Devonshire Road surveys traffic volumes seem to drop the further up the one way street you go.

Any one got any theories on this? Many people than visibly noticeable turning round part way up an driving back down the wrong way? A black hole? Or something more prosaic like an inaccurate Council survey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.701 seconds