pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Find out whose streets are worst for speeding and rat-running

Find out whose streets are worst for speeding and rat-running

Charles Auty

15 Mar 2019 15:27 #4443

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Sadly the speed strips/counters on Fox Lane are set just north of the Derwent Road junction and below the Grovelands Road junction. These two points mark the beginning and end of the widest and highest speed section of the road. I live in the mid-point and am woken almost every morning by the same car(s) reaching max acceleration as they pass my house (normally i love the sound of a V8). The southern counter is at a braking point after that speed run and immediately before a significant narrowing in the road - hence the slower speeds recorded. If they put the speed bumps at those two locations they won't slow anyone down. We need a speed bump just above or below the Lakeside Road junction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Find out whose streets are worst for speeding and rat-running

David Hughes

16 Mar 2019 21:13 #4444

There are now two speed strips on Conway Road, one perhaps 40 metres beyond the mouth of Ulleswater Road if you are travelling South-West toward the tennis courts and another beyond the tennis courts, and one on Harlech Road toward the lower end. Seems about right to me.

The reaction of drivers to the first of these is interesting: a few slow down almost to a stop (I assume knowing what they're for), others drive without a pause, some at a reasonable speed, some too fast in my opinion. [It's hard to estimate the speed of traffic accurately from the pavement, most people over estimate.]

I didn't check Ulleswater Road today, but the last time I cycled up it there were no speed strips. Odd if it's still like that? Will take a look asap, but I'll be a bit preoccupied tomorrow.

The mystery of the white paint

Basil Clarke

20 Mar 2019 22:53 #4451

Someone has painted over the messages on the planters at the ends of Selborne Road, the Mall and Amberley Road. What could be the motive for this act of vandalism against council property?

Normal, everyday vandalism? No, far too neat.

Someone who doesn't think that rat-running cars should be "welcomed" in their neighbourhood? No, they would have replaced the welcome message with something less welcoming and not necessarily polite.

Someone asserting his right as a red blooded Englishman to drive wherever he likes as fast as he likes? Surely not, red blooded Englishmen would never dream of breaking the law by defacing something paid for out of taxpayers' money. And they're all gentlemen.

So it's a complete mystery.
Attachments:

John Phillips

21 Mar 2019 09:19 #4453

No mystery!!
Rat runners are not welcome. The original plans showed 20MPH signs. Enfield Council has always favoured motorists over residents.

Darren Edgar

21 Mar 2019 12:31 #4455

Disgusting and pathetic. Can't believe some loser actually went out of their way to do that.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.737 seconds