pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Green Lanes traders biting the hands that feed them!

Green Lanes traders biting the hands that feed them!

Basil Clarke

23 Nov 2022 23:55 #6680

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Searching (in vain) for some information about tomorrow's Christmas lights event, I came across this on the Green Lanes Business Association website, which goes under the name Love Palmers Green.

Since moving to PG in 2007, I long ago lost count of the amount that I have spent in shops on Green Lanes, both north and south of the A406. I also long ago lost count of the many hours I've spent sitting on buses coming up from Wood Green, frustrated by the fact that the bus lane heading north toward the North Circular isn't in operation before 4pm or at weekends.

So when I learnt that the council was planning to extend the bus lanes operating hours, I was immensely cheered. PG residents returning home from Wood Green station by bus must have wasted millions of person-hours in those queues. But more than a year later, I'm still waiting. And now I know why the council is taking so long to put this obvious idea into effect and improve the lives of thousands of bus passengers.

Green Lanes traders, these are your customers! And I was too. But I shall be finding out which shops belong to GLBA and they will no longer get my custom, I'll go to Wood Green or Enfield Town instead.

Do you not realise that the vast majority of people shopping in Green Lanes do not get to the shops by car?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Adrian Day

24 Nov 2022 09:38 #6681

It beggars belief - why would local businesses, want to deter people from visiting them by bus? Surely they need all the help they can get in a recession.

Darren Edgar

24 Nov 2022 11:51 #6682

Not the first time this group have alienated local customers. Calling Lakes residents snobs etc.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.737 seconds