pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Local School Recommendations?

Local School Recommendations?

Sarah Hayes

02 Dec 2015 11:47 #1829

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Hello,

I would like your advice please:

I am looking at moving to Palmers Green and would love to know which schools you are most happy with? I have a child in year one and another one at nursery.

I like the look of the Hazelwood Schools website - but when I called to ask if I could come and look round they said this would not be possible unless I had been offered a place - (which seems the wrong way round to me)

So your thoughts would be very much appreciated...

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paul Mandel

03 Dec 2015 12:02 #1832

Hello Sarah,

You don't say where you live now and why you are looking to move to PG. Personally, I wouldn't want to move a child from a school s/he is settled in, unless absolutely necessary, but you haven't disclosed your own circumstances.

My son is in year two at St Paul's in Winchmore Hill. It is a lovely school and he is very happy there. But being a church school, they have more restrictive admissions criteria. Also, please be aware that like much of London, there is enormous pressure on school places, and you may not get your preferred choice.

I know lots of families who send their children to Hazelwood Schools, and I've never heard a bad word.

All the state funded schools have open mornings, but they do not have the resources show individual prospective parents around. If you want that level of service you need to think about private schools, if you can afford it.

Best wishes,

Paul

David Williamson

03 Dec 2015 17:23 #1835

Hi Sarah, there are a number of good and outstanding schools around PG - I am sure you have checked out school inspection reports , which are a fairly good measure.

However, getting a place may be a challenge! Have you already made contact with Enfield admissions to ask their advice on vacancies and the process for application?

I wish you well!

Sarah Hayes

03 Dec 2015 20:37 #1837

Thanks so much for the responses!
Yes have contacted admissions and am looking at inspection reports.
(Not looking at religious or private schools just normal community comprehensives).
I was just after some local opinions really...

Andrew Nix

03 Oct 2016 13:17 #2310

I know plenty of folks who send their kids to Hazelwood and it is, by all accounts, a great community primary school.

Hazelwood was one of our top two choices for our son but we fell just outside the catchment area. We live 0.6 miles from the school. So if you are thinking of moving to PG and want Hazelwood, make sure you choose a property close to the school. And I mean very close :)

Good luck

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.700 seconds