pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Volunteer Effort

Volunteer Effort

Karl Brown

18 Dec 2019 16:40 #5053

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Basil flags up (“Bambos scores an equalizer”) how running this site costs him time as well as money, so very well done and thanks for another year of providing such a valuable resource which has raised awareness as well as attendance levels across such a wide spectrum.
And that cost of time and personal money is pretty standard for so many voluntary enterprises, of which PG is richly endowed. I’ve long since lost count of the number of times a recent volunteer to some initiative or other has made the comment, “I never knew there was so much happening ”, or similar. So well done to all of those too and to those either happy to simply receive, or the minority hell bent on destructive criticism, maybe 2020 is the time to flirt with connecting and collaborating.
This area really is hugely richly endowed with people doing stuff for others, but that is not a given, so do treat it with care, and if you feel able, why not add to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volunteer Effort

Adrian Day

18 Dec 2019 20:17 #5054

Seconded. Feel very lucky to live in a place where so many people do so much for the community

Volunteer Effort

David Hughes

18 Dec 2019 22:08 #5055

Thirded ! No such word of course, but everyone will know what I want to say. Over the years I've contributed to two other websites which I suspect are/were based on the same platform, but neither of them came anywhere near the clarity/helpfulness of this one. And if I can use it..........it must be good.

Karl B. mentions how blessed Palmers Green is with voluntary enterprise. Over the past few weeks hundreds of trees have been planted around the perimeter of Broomfield Park by volunteers ; very helpful in the fight against climate change (removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere) as well as creating habitat for wildlife. As I understand it they will be kept at around 'fence height' almost like making a very wide hedge.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.752 seconds