pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Taking the knee in Broomfield Park

Taking the knee in Broomfield Park

PGC Webmaster

17 Jun 2020 14:38 #5378

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

A Black Lives Matters peaceful protest was held at Broomfield Park on Saturday 13th June. Approximately 150 people, young and old, and from diverse backgrounds gathered in the park and remembered some of the lives lost due to racism and inequality.

Speakers talked about how as a society we need to do more to ensure that we challenge all forms of racism and discrimination and recognise the contribution that Black and other ethnic minorities have contributed to the UK, both historically and present day. Speakers also highlighted that systemic racism and inequality exists today and this has also led to proportionately higher number of deaths amongst ethnic minorities from Covid-19.

The following user(s) said Thank You: John Phillips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

David Hughes

17 Jun 2020 16:01 #5379

I feel the need to acknowledge and support the 'Black Lives Matter' peaceful protest held in Broomfield Park on 13th June. Unfortunately I didn't get to hear about the event in advance, but in future I will keep 'an eye open' with a with a view to attending a local meeting. It's likely that my wife would also want attend though she mentioned the current need to be alive to social distancing to avoid Convid-19 (hope I've expressed that properly). Actually the spacing looked quite generous in the 'photo', and the issue was mentioned at the meeting, so probably the organizers/people present had everything well in hand.

Bill Linton

18 Jun 2020 17:23 #5381

There was no problem with spacing, David. It's a big park and everyone attending seemed to be conscious of social distancing.
If you feel you have missed out, there is another similar event on Saturday at 10.30 - though rather less conveniently it's in Pymmes Park (the Victoria Rd/Park Lane corner).

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.691 seconds