pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Who actually choses our leader, the associated direction and values

Who actually choses our leader, the associated direction and values

Karl Brown

27 Jul 2022 18:04 #6517

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Rather than having taken back control I’m being left with an ever-firmer impression that the UK is instead rudderless. About another 6 weeks of “it wasn’t me guv, I’d have done things differently” debate and perhaps things will change, but as one of the majority-recipients of this elite-democracy process which is currently filling all media I’m wondering: are all "160,000" voters British and do they all live in the UK? Maybe someone could explain for the benefit of my peace of mind. That even the number allowed to take part is secret seems counter to even the most basic levels of democratic transparency.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who actually choses our leader, the associated direction and values

Roger Blows

28 Jul 2022 07:41 #6520

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I’m not so sure about “rudderless” - aren’t the same media moguls and global corporate bosses who run the U.K. still active? Didn’t the may-be-departing prime minister mutter resentfully something about the “deep state”? Paranoia aside, it’s surely not without significance that contenders/contestants for the top job are ready to show their abilities in a television format indistinguishable from a game show? The surface froth disguises the dark forces still functioning in the murky waters below….

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.746 seconds