pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Forum Moderation - Bias

Forum Moderation - Bias

Paul Mandel

12 Mar 2016 13:53 #2063

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

It is odd that the last topic. relating to air quality in London has been locked. There does not appear to be any good reason for it, and none of the participants in the discussion have had a chance to sum up. The Moderator has not given his reasons why and continues to show bias in the way he manages the forum. It seems that if views expressed are at odds with the moderator's own, he does not tolerate them. If they were views that most reasonable people would find deeply offensive, I would understand. But, they are not. Bias has been discussed here before and it would appear to be a continuing issue. Is this the Palmers Green Community Forum or the Palmers Green Communists Forum? It is quite clear that the moderator is repressing freedom of expression, just it has always been in communist countries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forum Moderation - Bias

Tom Mellor

12 Mar 2016 22:31 #2064

Oh the irony of a post claiming there is no freedom of expression. I would surmise that it was likely blocked because the conversation could run ad infinitum until stopped, as has happened before with debates between yourself, Karl Brown, and me. That last thread appeared to have no sign of stopping.

Forum Moderation - Bias

Basil Clarke

12 Mar 2016 23:13 #2065

Tom Mellor wrote:

I would surmise that it was likely blocked because the conversation could run ad infinitum until stopped, as has happened before with debates between yourself, Karl Brown, and me. That last thread appeared to have no sign of stopping.

Your surmise is correct. So, before the same thing happens again, could Paul, Tom and Karl please refrain from posting to this thread, and I will do the same. If anyone else has anything interesting to say about the totalitarian nature of this website, they're welcome to contribute.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds