pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Mobile Library in Lodge Drive car park on Saturdays

Mobile Library in Lodge Drive car park on Saturdays

Julia Mountain

02 Sep 2014 22:55 #398

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

It seems I'm not the only local person who didn't realise that the mobile library is at the Lodge Drive car park 9-5pm on Saturdays while Palmers Green Library is being redeveloped. The staff were handing out leaflets about it on the Green Lanes last Saturday, as hardly anyone has visited the mobile library.
We of course suggested that they contact Palmers Green Community to ask for a regular listing to remind readers about the mobile library.

www.enfield.gov.uk/info/200046/libraries/244/mobile_library

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mobile Library in Lodge Drive car park on Saturdays

PGC Webmaster

02 Sep 2014 23:16 #399

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Someone from the Library Service did in fact contact me at the weekend to point out that the mobile library was in the car park on Saturdays, and I posted a short report about this. She didn't suggest adding it to the What's On, but that seems like a good idea and I'll do it as it will remind people every week.

The chronology of this is that the Council originally published a list of extended opening hours at other libraries that mentioned the mobile library in the car park. I published this on the website. Then a bit later the Council published another list with a reduced number of extended hours at other libraries and no mention of the mobile library. I published this list and commented that no mobile library was now mentioned. It now looks as if they probably intended all along to have the mobile library there on Saturdays but forgot to include it in the second list. And they only noticed my report about this after you alerted them! (I've removed that earlier report from the website as it's no longer relevant.)

Thanks for pointing this out,

Basil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.883 seconds