pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Overnight closures of Green Lanes in Palmers Green

Overnight closures of Green Lanes in Palmers Green

PGC Webmaster

16 Aug 2017 22:58 #3157

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

[Original article]

As part of the Cycle Enfield works, Green Lanes will be closed between Hedge Lane and Hazelwood Lane overnight for four nights, commencing on Tuesday 29th August.  The closures will be from 8pm to 6am and will allow resurfacing of the main carriageway.  The noisiest work will be carried out up to midnight.  There will be no access to Green Lanes from Osborne Road, Windsor Road, Park Avenue and Fox Lane during the overnight closures.

The eventual layout of this stretch of Green Lanes is shown in the drawings below.

fox lane junctionFox Lane junction - click on the plan to enlarge

hedge lane junctionGreen Lanes/Hedge Lane/Bourne Hill junction - click on the plan to enlarge

This article was amended on 17th August to correct the starting date for the road closures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Overnight closures of Green Lanes in Palmers Green

Bill Linton

17 Aug 2017 09:57 #3158

Where's the 329 going to go? My guess would be A406 eastbound, then Hedge lane, but does anybody know?

Correction: Dates of overnight closures of Green Lanes

PGC Webmaster

17 Aug 2017 22:32 #3165

Apologies, but I mistyped the date that the Hedge Lane to Hazelwood Lane closure is due to begin. It's 29th August, not 19th.

Before that, for five nights beginning on 21st August, there will be closures further to the north, I think probably between Hedge Lane and Highfield Road. The 329 and N29 will be diverted between 8pm and 5am and won't serve any stops between Hedge Lane and the "Church Street" bus stop (ie Village Road/Bush Hill Parade). The diversion will run along Hedge Lane, Great Cambridge Road and Church Street non-stop.

Tnanks tp Donald Smith for this information.

Correction: Dates of overnight closures of Green Lanes

Edward Asheart

19 Nov 2017 14:49 #3346

The 329 and N29 will be diverted between 8pm and 5am and won't serve any stops between Hedge Lane and the "Church Street" bus stop (ie Village Road/Bush Hill Parade). The diversion will run along Hedge Lane, Great Cambridge Road and Church Street non-stop.

Tnanks tp Donald Smith for this information.[/quote]
I would question this, given that TfL policy is that buses should stop on diversions at bus stops (where they exist) or treat the section as Hail and Ride. I think that this should be looked into.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds