pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Call for contributions - Short documentary about bicycle paths along A105

Call for contributions - Short documentary about bicycle paths along A105

Hardy Saleh

26 Nov 2018 21:17 #4235

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Sharing the A105 is a short documentary about the new segregated bicycle paths along Green Lanes. Commissioned by the local Talkies Community Cinema, the film aims to present the various perspectives about the paths from local residents in the hope of fostering a mutual understanding and building harmony amongst the local community.

We have filmed interviews with a number of local residents with a good range of views and are now putting out a final call for contributions from interested parties. If you want to get involved comment below, message me on Facebook or fill out the form on our website where there is more information about the project: www.sharingthea105.co.uk

All views are welcome and contributions from women and minority ethnic backgrounds are particularly encouraged.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Hardy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Darren Edgar

27 Nov 2018 10:29 #4237

Great idea for a project, Hardy.

Is there a draft/early cut for review? Or do you just want comments in and you'll compile?

Are you happy to paraphrase is comments/feedback are too waffley?

Hardy Saleh

05 Dec 2018 17:03 #4269

Hi David,

There is no early cut and I don't currently have plans to make an early cut public particularly because Talkies Community Cinema who have commissioned the film will be premiering it in March 2019.

I will be editing filmed conversations extensively. Most of my conversations so far have lasted around 45 minutes but the target length for the film in its entirety is around the 15 minute mark. I say edit, but I am being extremely careful not to misconstrue an individuals view and moreover am taking great care to be sensitive about how I deal with the variety of views that will be presented.

If you are interested please head over to www.sharingthea105.co.uk and fill out the short form to get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your interest!

David Hughes

11 Dec 2018 00:20 #4284

I was interviewed by Hardy Saleh today as part of the making of this film, and felt that it was thoughtfully and thoroughly done. I look forward to seeing the finished product sometime in March/April and hope that parents especially will take time to see it.

Nobody who has read my contributions to this website will doubt that I am a strong advocate of cycling, and it worries me that I have seen so few children learning their skills on this protected space for cycling. Presumably this is because parents don't cycle, and don't value it as a convenient way of getting about locally, but they should remember that many developed countries have recognised that there are many benefits: need little space, no exhaust gases, generally safe , very good exercise, easier than walking for many older people with aching limbs.

Not convinced, then go along and see the film when it is done and hear the arguments from both sides.

Finally bear in mind that it is hoped that the Quieter Neighbourhoods(QN) currently installed, currently being installed, and about to installed, will have low speed limits and some barriers to speeding. I hope that kids will be able to improve their skills there; certainly that has been the case in other European countries.

David Hughes

28 Mar 2019 16:29 #4465

A couple of days ago Hardy Saleh - see contributions above - wrote to tell me that his short documentary about bicycle lanes along the A105 Green Lanes is to have its premiere screening this coming weekend (30th March) with the title 'Sharing the A105'. The venue is St. John's Hall, Palmers Green commencing at 19.30. Three other films with diverse subjects will be screened; tickets are £6 and Hardy thinks that there may be few seats left.

Tickets are available via: talkies.org.uk/news/2019-talkies-commissions/ .

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds