pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Indoor pollution

Indoor pollution

Preeti Choudhary

07 Sep 2020 20:43 #5521

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Hi all,
I am writing thesis on indoor pollution for my university project.
It would be great if you guys help me with some related information.
Have you ever faced/ facing indoor pollution? Is there any particular time of the day(Morning, afternoon,evening and night) when you feel air quality is not good? Or any particular season?
Is there any particular indoor place such as workplace, school,house,gym,malls etc where you find that air quality is not good.
Anyone using Indoor pollution meter? If yes which one?
Anyone using air purifier? If yes, which one? Did you noticed any difference after that?
What measures you are taking to improve indoor air quality?
Please share any experience related to indoor pollution. Or if you have heard it from someone.

Thanks for all the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Indoor pollution

David Hughes

07 Sep 2020 21:54 #5522

Hello Preeti.
I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't recall a building in recent times where I was conscious of or knew about poor air quality within in the building, except perhaps momentary gas escapes when cooking. My childhood was different: open wood or coal fires in my parents home 70 or 80 years ago though even that petered out as central heating took over. Does the consequence of cooking with gas qualify; we - my wife and I - do do that.

From the depth of my lack of expertise I'd say the major issue stems from central heating exhaust, cooking and vehicle exhaust, and particles worn off vehicle tyres. There is no doubt that traffic presents serious problems in villages, towns and cities from that source.

On the use of gas for cooking my wife and I have overhead extractors which channel the exhaust from cooking to the great outside. I imagine most people have that.

Indoor pollution

Preeti Choudhary

09 Sep 2020 10:48 #5527

Thank you David for the quick response.
Is there any forum where I can get more response on the following topic. As I need it for my thesis.

Indoor pollution

Karl Brown

09 Sep 2020 12:54 #5529

The Times ran a long campaign on air quality while the Guardian has frequent articles. Both may be worth a scan. The British Lung Foundation might also be worth a look. A few web sites that may throw up an idea or two:
www.globalactionplan.org.uk
www.healthyair.org.uk
www.clientearth.org.uk
www.sd-research.org.uk/
www.theconversation.com

Indoor pollution

David Hughes

09 Sep 2020 22:39 #5530

Preeti C. I'm afraid that I have no more help to give except to suggest that follow up on Karl B's suggestions. In some ways he and I think a little alike, but overall he's much more knowledgeable as his list of suggestions reveals.

Good Luck with your thesis.

Indoor pollution

Preeti Choudhary

09 Sep 2020 22:45 #5531

Thanks Karl. This information is really helpful.
One more thing, I need people responding to this topic. So that I can show that in my thesis that I gain insights by asking people their experience. How can I achieve this, as not many people are answering.

Indoor pollution

Preeti Choudhary

09 Sep 2020 22:47 #5532

Hi David!
I need people responding to this topic. So that I can show that in my thesis that I gain insights by asking people their experience. How can I achieve this, as not many people are answering.
Do you suggest any other forums?

Thanks in advance.

Indoor pollution

David Hughes

10 Sep 2020 16:39 #5536

Hello Preeti. I'm afraid I'm not likely to be able to help you with the issue of people not answering; I've never been in your sort of position. However, if anything should occur to me, perhaps prompted by somebody like Karl, I'll be in touch.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds