pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Marking a shameful anniversary

Marking a shameful anniversary

PGC Webmaster

02 Mar 2021 22:57 #5915

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

" A fed-up landlord held a birthday bash to mark one year of abandoned bins and fly-tipping causing a stink outside his property.

"Martin Attfield, who lives in Watford, baked a cake to mark the anniversary of the ongoing mess outside the house he owns in Green Lanes, Palmers Green, Enfield. "

The start of a report in the Enfield Independent about the dreadful mess in Devonshire Mews, which runs behind the western side of Green Lanes.

This might possibly be the worst spot for dreadful overflowing bins and flytipping in PG's town centre, but it is far from the only one. Alleyways on the other side of Green Lanes suffer from similar problems. Who is to blame? What can be done about it?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chris Theo

04 Mar 2021 07:28 #5917

Its absolutely disgraceful the way these bins are left. I'm fairly certain they are not collected weekly. When I first moved here I contacted the council several times to clear the rubbish and at the 8th time of asking they finally did.

Not only does it attract even more mice and rats, its makes us feel like we are living in a dump.

I'll be more than happy to join a working group to come up with some ideas.

Chris Bushill

04 Mar 2021 10:05 #5920

Not necessarily the council's fault but there seems to be more and more rubbish on the streets. The top of Arnos Grove is always a mess where people throw stuff out of their parked cars.
What annoys me about council is you post problem on their website but get no acknowledgement so don't know what's happening, if anything.

David Hughes

04 Mar 2021 22:00 #5921

Since I'm very much older than I'd like to be I'm at home most 'bin days', and as far as I've been able to judge all the bins on my streets, Conway Road, are emptied. Which doesn't mean a mistake is never made, but it must be relatively rare because our bins have always been emptied, though on a couple of occasions some small dregs have remained in the bin.

In all the years we've lived on Conway our bins have been left reasonably close to our gate bar once or twice, so I exercise the nicer side of my personality when I have a bit of a walk to collect a bin. Frankly I think I'd hate to be dustman, so I'm happy I have never needed to be one.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.684 seconds