pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: The smell in Morrisons

Use this section to discuss planning and development topics that do not have their own section

The smell in Morrisons

Andrew Nix

06 Feb 2015 22:41 #885

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Anyone else smelled it?

I am convinced that I have a problem because to me it smells like a mixture of sewage and refuse. But everyone else in the shop seems oblivious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The smell in Morrisons

Basil Clarke

07 Feb 2015 00:58 #887

I've noticed it. And when we first moved to PG a neighbour said she never shopped there because of the smell.

The smell in Morrisons

Holly Bothwell

07 Feb 2015 10:22 #891

I have also noticed it, and like Basil's neighbour, I don't shop there because of it (well, that and the lack of quality, safe bike parking).

The smell in Morrisons

Andrew Nix

09 Feb 2015 12:30 #898

I'm sure there are health and safety issues with storing food in this building. I am sure there are health and safety issues in allowing employees and customers breathe the fumes in.

I wonder if Enfield Council have had any complaints?

The smell in Morrisons

Colin Younger

10 Feb 2015 11:59 #902

I haven't detected this problem, and I find their fresh bread, veg and fruit to be particularly good.

I'm concerned about this thread and wonder whether having raised a problem that rather than continue it, that those concerned should either speak to Morrisons or even trading standards.

I have no interest in Morrisons other than as a shopper!

The smell in Morrisons

Roger Blows

12 Feb 2015 08:29 #908

Morrisons' predecessor Safeway was built, as older residents may recall, on an industrial site. I think it housed a large cable store yard, Before that, it was a coal yard and I have been assured that Morrisons' distinctive perfume is a memory of the days when coal wagons were horse-drawn.

The smell in Morrisons

Yvonne Quigley

12 Feb 2015 09:17 #910

It was so bad yesterday afternoon I left the store. A member of staff was spraying air freshener in the aisle, which I am told you cannot do, but it was so bad it went as far as the music / household aisle. It is a terrible smell and must be addressed. I believe the reason for it is they added more toilets but did not widen the drain pipes. It needs to be dealt with as it isn't going to get any better any sooner.

The smell in Morrisons

David March

15 Feb 2015 12:53 #941

It's definitely there. . . .

I am sure it's no coincidence that the Daily Mail (and, no, I don't read it!) a couple of days ago had a piece about the Which? report that reviewed food hygiene reports submitted by all local authorities that revealed that Enfield was the poorest performing of all 398 local authorities - with only 54 percent of its 'medium and 'high risk' businesses meeting hygiene requirements.
Enfield said that their figures have been misunderstood by Which? and, wait for this - Chris Bond, Cabinet member for environment and community safety is quoted as saying that "This research is so fundamentally flawed that I would not wrap my chips in the paper it is printed on."
I love it! Fighting stuff . . . but, why is he still eating chips in this era of healthy eating?

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds