pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: The smell in Morrisons

Use this section to discuss planning and development topics that do not have their own section

The smell in Morrisons

Andrew Nix

17 Feb 2015 13:21 #953

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Hi

as advised by Colin Younger I contacted Morrisons about this issue.

I got the following response this morning:

"Good morning Mr Nix

Thank you for contacting us.

We have contacted the relevant person in Morrisons and I can confirm that we have a drainage issue in store at the minute.

This has been escalated to the highest level to resolve now and should all be resolved by the end of this week, with engineers on site over night investigating the issue.

Thanks again for contacting us and we hope this information has been of use to you.

Kind regards,
Paul Thorpe

Customer Services Department
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC"

Lucky engineers.

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The smell in Morrisons

Garry Humphreys

19 Feb 2015 10:10 #961

This problem is not - as Morrison's suggests in itsreply - new, or temporary, but goes back to the days when Safeways were on the site. Indeed, then the aroma resembled that of rotting corpses, which I was fond of pointing out to my companion in a stage whisper whenever I visited but, like Andrew Nix, I found that most other people were oblivious - or didn't care (a common local trait, I've noticed, readers of this website excepted, of course!).

So I think it's a problem fundamental to the site, and not to be cured with airspray!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Nix

The smell in Morrisons

Karl Brown

19 Feb 2015 13:02 #963

I'm not familiar with the smell of rotting corpses but if that is the reason, how or why would they be under Safeways I wonder. Sounds scary.

The smell in Morrisons

Andrew Nix

12 Mar 2015 08:51 #1061

Morrisons reports worst profit results in eight years
m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31846566

Hmmm...

The smell in Morrisons

David Williamson

22 Jun 2015 11:03 #1324

Morrisons is not the only location of a funny smell. I was walking through the park the other day and got a strong stench of marsh gas coming off the ponds....and what about the bottom of the stairs on the north platform of Palmers Green Station.

Do these have a common source and is it linked to the rising of the Palmers Scream?

The smell in Morrisons

Karl Brown

22 Jun 2015 16:20 #1325

I fear this may be much, much more significant than is being made out
Not only is there the recent mystery of the Morrison's sewers break-out, now leaking water and a sewerage smell at the railway station – even reported in the press – but we also have the huge emergency water / sewerage repair works at Deadmans Bridge just south of PG library.

Recall the wording of the old manuscript (original now mysteriously in Baskervilles by the way):

For now we can be safe from the Terror. The 21 witches of Winchmore are no more. The terror they brought ……

No longer will they take the eyes of our children for their spells; no longer turn our pets into worms; and the waters will stay contained.

And later goes on to say:-

Nine trees, representing the number of Man, should be planted to surround the lake and the drowned witches forming a ring of protection. These must be weeping willows, one weeping for each of the children of Southgate killed by the witches during the Terror.

And the nine trees must remain, for it was said that if there should ever be less than nine then the witches may return and the Terror live again even worse than before.

Has anyone seen the state of the ninth willow tree, recently dying at best, already dead if we’re unlucky? Or remember how the natural springs burst forcing the cancellation of the first Palmers Green Community Festival?

We’re struggling to justify nine willows and water related issues are now popping up all over the place. A sign? Get ready to scream at Halloween I would say.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.735 seconds