pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Fox Lane low-traffic neighbourhood

Fox Lane low-traffic neighbourhood

Adrian Day

27 Oct 2020 09:14 #5680

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

The high traffic neighbourhood gang commit more vandalism in the community. This is a new trick - painting out camera warning signs on Meadway so drivers proceed and get fined. And then the same people will protest at the high level of fines and poor signage. @FoxLaneLTN
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Adrian Day

27 Oct 2020 11:50 #5681

However, there is good news - low traffic neighbourhoods encourage people to walk and cycle more. This wouldn't have happened in Fox Lane 3 months ago (shot taken yesterday). We need to end high traffic neighbourhoods .
Attachments:

Alan Thomas

27 Oct 2020 18:04 #5682

Adrian Day wrote:

The high traffic neighbourhood gang commit more vandalism in the community. This is a new trick - painting out camera warning signs on Meadway so drivers proceed and get fined. And then the same people will protest at the high level of fines and poor signage. @FoxLaneLTN

Who exactly are "The high traffic neighbourhood gang"? If you know who the perpetrators of this criminal activity are, then you have a duty to report it to the Police along with your evidence.

The people who did this do not represent anyone but themselves, so please do not fall into the trap of tarring all of those who are sceptical of some aspects - or all - of the Fox Lane LTN with the same brush. Thank you.

Adrian Day

27 Oct 2020 22:15 #5683

No idea who they are, hence the made up moniker (I'd go straight to police if I knew) - but it would be nice if some of the more active campaigners against the low traffic neighbourhood condemned the constant vandalism to signs , planters and cameras. It may help reduce the amount of crime.

Adrian Day

28 Oct 2020 08:55 #5684

When we're looking for the cause of congestion on the roads, funnily enough it's 'more traffic', not cycle lanes or low traffic neighbourhoods. Indeed the latter reduce traffic by encouraging people to walk and cycle short distances. Looking at the graph we need many more low traffic neighbourhoods and cycle lanes in Enfield to encourage modal change and at some point car owners (of which I am one) will need to cover something approaching the full cost of driving. of the externalities.
Attachments:

Karl Brown

28 Oct 2020 15:26 #5685

One crucial factor Adrian hasn’t included in his presentation of data is that throughout the period analysed Enfield has remained the same size. That same size has also been required to absorb a substantial increase in population and linked needs. Same size absorbing more stuff means less space for each unit of stuff, or congestion in this case. Ten years or so back the main public debate topic in local forums was not being able to park. (More cars, same size of Enfield, as well as it seems more trips seeking end of trip parking space wherever that might be, meant less space for each car and more opportunities to get angry.) I would say it’s now been accepted that parking is tough but it’s not causing anger at anything like the same scale as then. I’m tempted to suggested, just as with parking, time will see understanding and acceptance of required transport change issues, such as the necessary priority of moving to active means.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Day

Adrian Day

28 Oct 2020 16:52 #5688

And of course the population is planned to increase by a fair bit.

John Phillips

29 Oct 2020 18:31 #5693

John Hazelwood wrote:

Cyclists trapped in by the low traffic neighbourhood, the surrounding roads too busy for them to go beyond the planters :(
Either that or they called every cyclist in enfield to pose for this propaganda photograph, I mean what have they all stopped there for?
Clearly we can see its about 2 people supporting this and everyone else is against it because it only benefits a minority.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I actually took this photo. It shows the inaugural meeting of the Wobbly Cyclists Group which aims to give confidence to youngsters, the disabled and oldies (like me!) on our newly quiet roads. It was a great success.
Sorry, John, if the facts don't fit your narrative.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 1.502 seconds