pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: FLDRA and the Quieter Neighbourhood

FLDRA and the Quieter Neighbourhood

Karl Brown

28 Nov 2018 18:39 #4245

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I’m not aware of anyone peddling a pro-car conspiracy but rather the theme here, assumed to be like you looking in as a non-FLDRA committee / non SOGL member, is that the (strong) impression over time is in not reflecting the rounded view of the membership when it comes to Cycle Enfield in any external positioning. And there has been quite a bit of external positioning over recent years, certainly pre the local elections and that other in-house dispute when the membership / committee were in different form.

That’s all for the committee to reflect on going forward and others to comment if they choose, but I will say again, I am far from alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sue Beard

29 Nov 2018 07:23 #4248

I am a bit surprised to hear that Gonul Daniels is not amember of FLDRA . She did the previous website and was on the committee I thought . I haven’t been to the meetings for a good while even though they are held at the end to f my road Karl will be able to guess why.

Richard Mapleston

29 Nov 2018 10:15 #4251

As Chair of the FLDRA I suppose it is - as Oscar Wilde once famously remarked - better to be talked about than not talked about.

That said, some of the comments about members of our (hard working) committee are just incorrect. A number of individuals have been quoted as being members of the committee - erroneously. A full list of current members is on the web site. Some of those quoted left quite a while ago.

Further it is very easy to criticise others. But better to actually make the effort to participate in the association and work as a committee member. Anyone is welcome to put their names forward to be a member of the committee at the AGM or even other times, should they so desire. They are also welcome to help canvass the views of others in putting forward opinions representing our very large catchment.

In the case of QN it should be recalled that not all of the opinions of the residents canvassed by the council were in full support of the proposals put forward. We are not pro-car, anti-pedestrian. But most of us should admit that we use buses, tubes, trains, walk, drive, park and also wish to preserve the ambiance of our neighbourhood. Hence a measure of balance would be appreciated. We would all like to see successful schemes to be implemented that meet the needs of all residents and which actually work.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.685 seconds