pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Another dangerous driver!

Another dangerous driver!

PGC Webmaster

20 Feb 2018 16:59 #3636

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

This happened today in Chase Side Southgate. When will be there be effective sanctions against dangerous driving that is endangering all of us?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John Worsley

22 Feb 2018 06:30 #3641

Hopefully the driver of the van (it's not clear whose fault the accident was and I'm not saying it was their fault) will be dealt with for not having a valid MOT.

David Hughes

23 Feb 2018 00:14 #3643

At first I was a little perturbed by John W's response to this crash. Of course MOT's are important in all sorts of ways, but when push comes to shove most serious urban accidents/clashes come about as a result of a combination of lack of consideration/mistake, and speed above reasonable urban levels. But then I thought: "That sort of thing happens all the time without public outcry, so of course most of us simply move on." Much as we do in the face of deadly air quality which we have known for years is largely a consequence of diesel engines in cars ...... but still people buy diesel cars.

Which reminds me that, half asleep this evening, I think I heard someone on a BBC News bulletin say that, because we are so far behind other countries in dealing with diesel engines and the consequences are so severe, the Government might do something drastic like banning diesel driven cars from cities and towns soon. Presumably that means rather that the measures currently planned for the 2040s. Hopefully it'll come up again tomorrow morning, or was I dreaming?

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.804 seconds