facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Talkies Short of the Month: Platform 1

Talkies Short of the Month: Platform 1

PGC Webmaster

27 Nov 2017 19:01 #3384

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

[Original article]

talkies short of the month smalltalkies short of the month

Talkies Surayya"Hi - I am Surayya ,  one of Talkies' volunteers. I will be bringing you a short film on this website each month.

"Please let us know what you think of this month's film, and watch this space to see what we will bring you in the coming months!"

If you're a Londoner, I'm not sure if anything screams the stillness of winter more than an early morning commute. Director Jessica Bishopp depicts this with her short film Platform 1,which was filmed on the platform of our very own Palmers Green Station. Jessica shot the film as part of Talkies' short film commissions in 2015 and documents the stories of commuters before they board their trains. Capturing the calm of winter and the quiet way people begin their journeys and reflect on their lives and their upcoming day, Platform 1 is a truly wonderful way to welcome in the new season. Whether you are on your way to work or resting up after a hard day, grab a cup of tea and see what we mean.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Talkies Short of the Month: Platform 1

Nadia Lord

01 Dec 2017 11:04 #3385

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Lovely short film. Captures the start of the daily commute beautifully and with a strong human element.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.721 seconds