pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Fox Lane low-traffic neighbourhood

Fox Lane low-traffic neighbourhood

Adrian Day

30 Nov 2020 23:32 #5774

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I'm surprised Ian Barnes said that as every address in every road in the Fox Lane low traffic neighbourhood is accessible by vehicle. We need to reduce the total amount of traffic on the roads so those that must drive are able to do so.
The topic has been locked.

PGC Webmaster

02 Dec 2020 19:34 #5778

The last comment in this thread, by Roger Dougall, has been deleted, as it contains no sensible discussion of the pros and cons, just attacks people without any evidence. This forum is for civilised debate only.

roger dougall

02 Dec 2020 22:35 #5779

I think you'll find it contained a sensible alteration to the camera layout to improve response times for emergency vehicles.This would be considered surely to be a pro

It also underlined the sensible suggestion for change to a scheme mentioned by Mr Littman so that we can all benefit under a revised scheme,another pro.

Karl Brown

04 Dec 2020 10:03 #5783

Neil, I certainly wouldn’t view two, or more, opposing web sites as a problem and certainly not reflective of a divided / dividing community. Challenge, reflect, improve are fundamentals of good management and ideally democracy. Where I do see division and the cause of that division is where that debate, and often the associated tactics, is not conducive to respectful evidenced based to and fro.
There have been many years of it locally, perhaps peaking with one no-change member standing and swearing in a host church, later publically abusing others, including myself; having groups outside a consulting room haranguing prospective female attendees pre entry; people from outside the community working overtly or covertly to press their own agenda onto that community, often with the result, intended or otherwise, to divide it; and the seemingly never ending poisoning of the well on social media, very often by people who really should know a whole, lot better.
To seek to divide a community and then to argue it is being divided might be the real problem at hand.

Adrian Day

07 Dec 2020 09:53 #5787

People who drive short distances locally often under-estimate how quick it can be to walk or cycle the same journey (evidenced anecdotally) . These helpful maps show walking and cycling times from the rough centre of the Fox Lane low traffic neighbourhood. Please do download and share with your neighbours on social media. Thanks
Attachments:

Howard Toshman

10 Dec 2020 07:19 #5791

I cannot state strongly enough how this LTN has had such a negative impact on the majority of people who live and work in the local area and surrounds.
The petition against the LTN exceeds 5,600 signatures which is far greater than all the groups in favour.
Its killing local business at a time when we as a community should be supporting local business.

Adrian Day

10 Dec 2020 11:27 #5792

Adrian Day

10 Dec 2020 13:20 #5794

aseasyasridingabike.wordpress.com/2020/12/09/selective-concern/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A great piece on opposition to sustainable travel planning. I do wonder how relevant the final paragraph is to some of the vehement opposition we see to ending high traffic neighbourhoods in Enfield: 'In all these instances, and doubtless in dozens of others up and down the country, it should be quite clear that the ‘concerns’ were never actually about air quality, or about safety, or about delay to the emergency services, or about the loss of road space – they were at root nothing more than a convenient fig leaf to disguise altogether more selfish demands.'
Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds