pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Gardening in the time of Corona

Gardening in the time of Corona

Karl Brown

22 Apr 2020 18:29 #5321

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

This last couple of weeks, every time I’m at the front of the house a passer-by compliments me on the garden. ‘Not me’ I have to admit, put the bin lid back down and subsequently pass the complement on.

Anne, the real source, is a RHS flower show judge, Chelsea medal winner, Council Member and Registered Designer with the Society of Garden Designers, Chartered Member of the Institute of Horticulture, Licentiate Member of the Landscape Institute, Member of the Garden Media Guild, author of several gardening books for English Heritage, ex horticultural consultant and CEO of the Garden Museum and more green-fingers wise.

Working locally is unusual other than on our own garden and the occasional neighbour support such as achieving a two-car parked front garden design in the Lakes Conservation area.

Currently stuck at home however, I’ve suggested she reach out with some local support given the unexpected time available to many and renewed interest in their gardens.

It’s a chance to get yourself a template to work with over however long it takes to implement plus support and guidance to help make it happen. Solo visiting, video, social distancing and the like make most things possible.

During this time she’ll contribute 15% of profits to the North Mid NHS appeal,

If that’s of interest DM me through PGC and I’ll put you in touch - log in, go to www.pgweb.uk/people/my-user-profile/karl , click on Messages and then Send Private Message.

My own labouring support definitely not included.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds