pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Problems booking blood tests via North Middlesex University Hospital

Problems booking blood tests via North Middlesex University Hospital

PGC Webmaster

15 Mar 2015 18:17 #1073

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

The following is an extract from the Healthwatch Enfield Newsletter...

The following is an extract from the Healthwatch Enfield Newsletter dated 9 March 2015

In our last newsletter we reported on serious problems with the community blood test booking system at North Middlesex University Hospital (NHUH). We have continued to get calls from local residents and GP practice managers complaining that they cannot get through to the NMUH call centre to book an appointment at their local GP clinic (there are 10 GP practices where patients can get a blood test done). We have continued to raise these concerns with both the Hospital Trust and Haringey Clinical Commissioning Group CCG (who are the lead commissioners).

As reported before the Trust is aware of the problem and has arranged for volunteers to assist with call handling. The Trust is considering the case for additional resources to be made available. We remain very concerned about the situation and the difficulties it is causing patients. We are also concerned about the length of time it is taking to resolve the matter. We will continue to press the Trust and the CCG to take action.

Until the situation improves Healthwatch Enfield advises all residents needing blood tests to use the walk-in service at NMUH or Chase Farm Hospital, and arrive early to avoid disappointment. Details of opening hours and directions to find the service are available at the links below. Please note you will need a GP referral to use the walk-in service at NMUH.

North Middlesex University Hospital blood test service

Chase Farm Hospital blood test service

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Problems booking blood tests via North Middlesex University Hospital

David Hughes

19 Mar 2015 11:33 #1074

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I feel I must record that despite having heard about the difficulties I phoned the blood test booking system yesterday early in the morning - which is probably a busy time. There was queue of 9, but I was answered within 10 minutes and efficiently and pleasantly dealt with.

Which I good deal more convenient, and very much quicker, than getting along to one of the walk-in services.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.740 seconds