pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Enfield Dispatch: One year old!

Enfield Dispatch: One year old!

PGC Webmaster

02 Oct 2019 23:16 #4806

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

[Original article]

The Enfield Dispatch is one year old this week! The 13th issue of the monthly community newspaper was published yesterday and is now being distributed to several hundred locations across the borough, so go and pick up your copy. You can also get it delivered to your door by becoming a member or read it online.

Dispatcheditor James Cracknell is in celebratory mood:

"This month we are celebrating our first birthday! We launched the Dispatch in October 2018 and we are delighted with the way Enfield residents have embraced the paper over the last twelve months. Making local journalism financially sustainable in the long-term is a huge challenge and we don't pretend to have solved it - but what we have done is shown that there is still a significant appetite for local news. If you would like to hear more about what we are doing and how we are doing it, our editor James Cracknell will be talking at an event organised by Enfield Voices on Thursday 24th October. It takes place at The Jolly Farmers in Enfield Road from 7.30pm; RSVP via Facebook

"The deadline for the next edition is Tuesday 22nd October. If you'd like to suggest an article idea please email ."

What's in the October issue?

enfield dispatch oct 2019The top story is Enfield Council's pledge to end the practice of sending homeless families out of the borough into temporary accommodation, a move welcomed by campaigners.

On Page 2 a bike hire scheme launched just three months ago is axed because of persistent vandalism.

On Page 3 council leader Nesil Caliskan loses her appeal against the ruling that she bullied another councillor.

On Page 4 residents are invited to join Enfield MHA for a cuppa and a natter.

On Page 8 a new campaign is launched to lobby for more social homes.

On Page 11 meet the new head of Enfield and Haringey police.

On Page 13 two popular classical groups team up for an autumn spectacular.

And on Page 15 find out how a football club is helping young players achieve their goal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Enfield Dispatch: One year old!

David Hughes

07 Oct 2019 16:51 #4807

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

My problem is that I have only once found a print copy of an edition; this time I tried the Winchmore Hill Sainsbury's, the Palmers Green Morrison's and a site on Green Lanes without success. Sure I could read the paper online, but if the paper is to be a long-term success it really needs to be 'there' for the average resident.

Next edition I'll try Southgate Station though I must say I've never seen a copy there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.690 seconds