pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Petition launched after Fox loses its entertainment licence

Petition launched after Fox loses its entertainment licence

Darren Edgar

11 Jan 2024 09:28 #7052

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

The developers were Dominus, weren't they? Substantial group. I walk past a massive site in the City of theirs. Very bad PR for them if this is allowed to blow up (and is true).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Karl Brown

11 Jan 2024 14:20 #7053

Neil wonders if a gap in the Fox’s functioning as a pub offers a credibility-escape to anyone. The penultimate paragraph of my submission a few posts back indicates not; more directly the first planning application was necessarily resubmitted because it didn’t include a flexible function room along the lines of that previously experienced. A slam dunk I would suggest.

Colin Younger

11 Jan 2024 17:03 #7054

The submission assembled by Karl is impressive. However, the planning conditions re sound proofing don't, so far as I read them, explicitly refer to sound generated internally, by music etc. It covers internal machinery and extraction equipment, and appears to focus on noise generated externally. Of course even on this interpretation, noise from hand dryers ought to be covered!

Have I misunderstood this, are these actually "loopholes", and if so are they significant?

Karl Brown

12 Jan 2024 08:49 #7055

Colin draws out a possible weak link (for some party) and thanks. I wasn’t seeking to prepare a legal-case-ready submission, rather a top level, here’s the scenario picture, so, I’ll highlight some specific PP as it related to the flexible function room:-
  • “Prior to the refurbished A4 pub unit hereby approved being open to the trade, details (including, the technical specification of soundproofing/acoustic insultation qualities) of the bi-folding doors or movable partitions between the flexible function room and the remainder of the pub shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These shall be installed as approved and shall be maintained thereafter, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority.”
 It would be hard to make a case that individuals enjoying the remainder of the pub were to be noise protected but adjacent residents were not. There's a failure gap in here, just where and just who is yet to be determined / made public.

Neil Littman

18 Jan 2024 17:31 #7060

I have spoken to the council and the issue is solely concerned with noise from music. Nothing else. Also in instances like this the venue would have to soundproof from their side of the building to prevent and more complaints provided they can afford to do so. Also noticed that none of the complaints referred to the Monday jazz club which was also forced to close down and took place in the function room at the back of the pub. Probably our bad luck that we played in the main bar area near the entrance where the doors were opening and closing frequently. Will see what the licensing hearing comes back with which should be next month.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.735 seconds