pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Palmers Green Community Market - what's happening?

Palmers Green Community Market - what's happening?

Basil Clarke

09 Nov 2014 22:57 #508

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

There's a notice on the wall of Palmers Green station stating that the Community Market will be back on 16th November. I heard from someone that there was a similar notice previously saying it would be back in mid-October, but when she went there was no sign of it.

I used to go nearly every Sunday, mainly because of the Isle of Wight tomatoes and bread from Flourish Bakery, but then Keith and Karen stopped coming up from the IoW because Keith became ill and had to give up work, and the market then seemed to gradually peter out completely, so in the end I stopped going because there was nothing there.

Then I started going to the new market in Southgate (no tomatoes, but even better bread from Celtic Bakery). Before long, that went down to once a month and then closed completely.

As far as I know, the nearest market of this type now is in Falkland Road, Harringay (near Hornsey Station).

Does anyone know whether there has been any kind of market at Palmers Green Station since early summer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Community Market now once a month

Basil Clarke

16 Nov 2014 14:07 #530

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I went along to the market today. Only two stalls (cakes, meat, milk, cheese, butter), but they are hoping to sign up some new traders.

The market will now be once a month only, on the third Sunday of each month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.730 seconds