pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: A Triangular Tree

A Triangular Tree

Chrystalla Georgiou

24 Nov 2016 19:01 #2450

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Kaye Castenheira , I really wish there were more residents like you who had such deep passion for PG.

I have notice through the pass of the years that when it come to all aspect of public money, irrespective of their spending pot there is that familiar outcry that money it is scarce and then suddenly like magic it appears when those responsible for every part of our country want it to appear.

There are more people living in London, indeed in the whole of Enfield, the majority living and working hard and paying various taxes to the Country. Many One house dwelling have been divided into various self contained flats which means extra Council Tax for Enfield, we have many new building in the whole of the Enfield Borough now mainly flats which again, means extra Council Tax to Enfield.

Something is very wrong. I wonder if one day all Council's would be abolished only to be controlled by Central Government officers, money saved, we may have those lovely Sparkling Christmas Lights back in PG.

Moreover, when we are seen to respect our Country's festive traditions we are considered to have ethnic value which earns us respect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Missing Christmas Tree Star

Chrystalla Georgiou

24 Nov 2016 19:34 #2451

Dear Adrain Day.

I was dismayed to read that Councillors and others responsible for the area of Palmers Green may indeed be oblivious of the existence of the Palmers Green website. Or is it that they know about it but chose not to read and engage with this website with the disillusion that their current positions are far too important for this website. I suppose for now they are choosing to forget that at some point they will need our votes.

Therefore, Councillor responsible for Palmers Green should quickly be made aware of the Palmers Green website, because it simply matters.

Missing Christmas Tree Star

Kaye Castanheira

24 Nov 2016 20:01 #2452

Here, here, well put!!

The title Councillor should mean something to them for them to apply for the job, If they chose not to participate in our conversations then they should not be doing the job, we need people who care and are willing to help our communities and improve lives! We want to be heard & taken seriously!

A Triangular Tree

Garry Humphreys

24 Nov 2016 23:25 #2454

I'm afraid that our local councillors have become largely invisible over the last few years, even Bambos Charalambous, who I know works very hard and is committed to the community. As for the other two: has anybody seen or had contact with them within living memory? Have they been present at local events? Do they actually live within their constituency (Bambos does!)? They are elected by us to act on our behalf and if they are indeed doing so we should be made very much more aware of it.

A Triangular Tree

Colin Younger

25 Nov 2016 11:06 #2455

On the subject of local councillors, they are normally available at ward forums, and without making a roll call of who has been doing what, but just as an example, Mary Maguire is active in discussions with residents and developers over the future of the Fox pub.

However, few are registered on PGC, so I will email them all and encourage them to sign up!

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds