pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Forum moderation policy

Forum moderation policy

PGC Webmaster

21 Feb 2017 19:03 #2795

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

This week I've had to delete a couple of posts (both from the same person), so I thought I'd better explain the policy involved.

Both posts were non-compliant with one of the stipulations of the website terms and conditions, which can be found at www.pgweb.uk/terms-of-service . These T&Cs have been unchanged since early 2014 and everyone signing up for an account ticks a box to indicate that they will abide by them.

We deem Unacceptable any wording, attached file or linked website that [...] Contains criticism of another person’s character, as opposed to reasoned criticism of specific actions they have taken or of their views or arguments

The deleted posts both implied that another user of the forums is a hypocrite.

I will not tolerate such misuse of the forums and will either redact or delete posts as appropriate. If necessary, repeat offenders will be banned.

Failure to abide by this rule is an abuse of my hospitality in providing this opportunity for online discussion.

Basil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forum moderation policy

Paul Mandel

21 Feb 2017 21:13 #2797

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Let me make it absolutely clear, I did not criticise another member's character, I simply and reasonably criticised his action which he described himself, and highlighted an apparent contradiction between that action and what he constantly preaches.

And yet in a separate topic currently running, another member has written:

"I also agree there really are some negative folk in PG who are stifling anything progressive. Immediately they just want to shoot things down..i guess its in their DNA! Tackling problems requires innovative thinking kudos to the person who has come up with a great initial plan"

I am clearly the target, regarded as one of those "negative folk ... who just want to shoot things down...it's in their DNA" etc.

If that's not a criticism of someone's character, what is? But, I can take it.

Regrettably, Basil continues to demonstrate his own bias which has resulted in him crossing the line over from acting as a moderator to being a censor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds