pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Wolves Lane Centre shuts its doors - when will they open again?

Wolves Lane Centre shuts its doors - when will they open again?

PGC Webmaster

05 Apr 2017 17:21 #2974

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

wolves lane centre logoLast week saw a very sad event - the closure until further notice of Wood Green's unique Wolves Lane Centre - a combination of a nursery growing plants for Haringey's parks, a public garden centre, a small-scale Eden Project and an invaluable social and community asset.  it provided training in gardening skills to help people with physical and/or learning difficulties or seeking employment, and both environmental education and work experience for local schoolchildren.

Quite when and in what form Wolves Lane will reopen is unclear, to say the least.  Haringey Council has agreed to lease it to an consortium headed by Organic Lea, a workers' cooperative based near Chingford which grows fruit and vegetables.  So far Organic Lea have been tight lipped about their plans and those of the other consortium members.

The Friends of Wolves Lane Centre, who also bid to lease the centre, continue to operate.  They meet on the morning of the third Saturday of every month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wolves Lane Centre shuts its doors - when will they open again?

Chrystalla Georgiou

10 Apr 2017 15:14 #2975

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I was sorry to find out that Wolves Lanes had close down, for us garden lovers each garden nursery has some thing different to offer.

However, I am not altogether too surprise that it has met it's end. It was visibly clear to us visitors that this nursery was very badly maintained with most areas just neglected. There were public safety issues that were never cared to be rectified. I remember a couple of their sizeable unclean glasshouses completely filled with just unwashed, unused plastic pots covering the whole floor permanently. It is no way to run a nursery!

Even the dining area was hugely disappointing.

If they had paid for skilful staff to run this nursery I am sure it would had successfully flourished, making it very profitable as the potential was certainly there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.760 seconds