pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Breakdown by ward of Brexit votes in Enfield

Breakdown by ward of Brexit votes in Enfield

PGC Webmaster

17 Dec 2017 17:46 #4270

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Karl Brown

05 Dec 2018 18:00 #4271

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

As far as I understand the present position (Wednesday afternoon, clearly fast moving and I may well be wrong) it’s that power has effectively now passed to Parliament to represent the “will of the people”. That’s different to the “will of the people” represented by the 2016 referendum. That split, very roughly one third of eligible voters wishing to leave the EU, one third to remain and one third who didn’t vote, will now have the added necessity of reflecting the sizeable part of the population ineligible to vote - ie those just born to those almost 18 (that’s current age rather than as at the referendum date). Add in the impossibly immense strategic complexity of the Brexit decision and the immense implications for us all and my thoughts really are with Bambos MP. Good luck Bambos, this one really is worth whatever the salary is!

Darren Edgar

10 Dec 2018 16:50 #4282

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Arguably says quite a lot and, despite the overall result, is fairly reflective of the national trends/position when you compare high remain versus low remain/leave areas.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.664 seconds