pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Refurbished pub commemorates Palmers Green Triangle's much missed tree

Refurbished pub commemorates Palmers Green Triangle's much missed tree

PGC Webmaster

05 Jul 2023 15:15 #6897

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

[Original article]

Sarah Downes in front of the bar in the Chestnut Tree Palmers GreenThe Chestnut Tree's landlady, Sara Downes, wants to create a "wonderful community pub"

A "grand launch party" this Friday, Saturday and Sunday featuring live Irish music will celebrate the reopening of one of Palmers Green's few pubs, now renamed in memory of a much missed local tree.

The former Wishing Well has been comprehensively refurbished at a cost of £180,000 and its new name, The Chestnut Tree, has been chosen to commemorate the impressive horse chestnut that for three hundred years occupied the triangular traffic island that gives its name to the road junction at the heart of Palmers Green.

seating and multiple tv screens in the refurbished chestnut tree pub in palmers greenThe Chestnut Tree has been refurbished at a cost of £180,000

As well as a new name, the Chestnut Tree has a new landlady, Sara Downes, who's looking forward to welcoming customers:

“I’ve been out and about meeting residents and workers in Palmers Green, and it has been great getting to know people and I hope to see as many of them as possible in the pub. I’m really excited to get started here, and the team and I want to create a wonderful community pub for everyone in the area.”

Sara is planning new weekly entertainment in the form of quiz nights and open mic nights. The pub is both pet and family-friendly, with children welcome until 7pm.

TV screens throughout the pub will show all major sporting events on Sky Sports and BT Sport. A special feature is an illuminated darts board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Refurbished pub commemorates Palmers Green Triangle's much missed tree

Darren Edgar

13 Jul 2023 09:17 #6898

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.708 seconds