pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Threat to Alexandra Park

Threat to Alexandra Park

Basil Clarke

26 Sep 2016 16:41 #2292

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I frequently go walking in Alexandra Park. It's a nice bracing uphill walk from the railway station, if you skirt round the southern side of the Palace you get a view of Broomfield Park and Aldermans Hill (only in winter, when the leaves are gone from the trees) and you can drop down into Muswell Hill or continue along the former railway line (great views, different from the views from the Palace) as far as Highgate Woods.

But a recent post to the Bowes & Bounds Connected website warns that the park's management are proposing to greatly increase the frequency of "events". The Friends of Alexandra Park think that the proposals mean that during the summer there will be a "large" or "medium" event every other weekend.

I completely understand the need of the park trustees to raise funds, but am very concerned about what this means for the condition of the grounds, access to all public areas and the level of tranquillity in the park and in surrounding residential areas. I'm fortunate in that I can visit the park on any day of the week, but there will be many people who like to visit Alexandra Park at weekends to help them recover from the working week.

Click on this link to read the discussion thread:

bowesandbounds.org/forum/topics/proposal-for-increase-in-commercial-events-in-alexandra-park

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds