pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: The Fox: news, certainly some good but also, perhaps, some bad

The Fox: news, certainly some good but also, perhaps, some bad

Darren Edgar

15 Feb 2024 09:04 #7092

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

Karl Brown wrote (message 7082) :

Darren Edgar is correct in saying the developing site owner, Dominvs, have not gone bankrupt, but on the other hand, no one said they had. The paperwork submitted to the committee by the Licensing Authority highlights the main building contractor having gone bankrupt. Link supplied earlier.

Can you reshare the link please? I cannot find mention of who the construction company was?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PGC Webmaster

15 Feb 2024 12:48 #7093

I think this is what Darren's looking for (originally posted to another forum thread by Neil Littman).

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Graham Bennett

15 Feb 2024 14:36 #7094

I had thought that at least The Fox is owned by a brewer (Star/Heinekin) and so they have an interest in making the pub work as it's an outlet for their beer.  What I hadn't appreciated was that the freehold of the Fox was sold to Dominus for £8,745,285 in 2020.

This worries me because a property company like Dominus is in business to get the best profit they can from their premises and is one reason why so many pubs have closed been converted, typically to shops (eg the Green Dragon).  I've no idea what the terms are in Star's lease with Dominus and when they could exit or be eased out by an increase in the cost of the lease, but it does worry me.

Adrian Day

20 Feb 2024 13:48 #7095

I read that the construction company went into liquidation which presumably makes claiming more difficult.

Darren Edgar

23 Feb 2024 15:47 #7098

PGC Webmaster wrote (message 7093) :

I think this is what Darren's looking for (originally posted to another forum thread by Neil Littman).

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Sadly that just shows a throw-away comment. No contractor details or comment about admin/liquidation just "bankrupt".

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.735 seconds