pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Holes to Homes - proposal to build on Enfield golf course

Holes to Homes - proposal to build on Enfield golf course

Karl Brown

29 Oct 2023 10:32 #6992

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

London architects unveil plans to convert Enfield golf course into modern housing.
The proposal, dubbed ‘holes to homes,’ would see the council-owned 18-hole course split in two, with nine holes transformed into mid-density housing for up to 2,000 people and the remaining nine left to golfers.
The proposal, which includes a detailed illustration, above, aims to create “space for 650 homes within a series of efficient, low- to mid-rise villa blocks, set within a green landscape, and linked by cycle and walking routes and close to public transport.”
www.standard.co.uk/business/london-architects-plan-enfield-golf-course-housing-rcka-b1116472.html
Unclear how this fits, or doesn’t, with the imminent Spurs public exhibition for using part of the space as a training ground while managing the remainder on a long lease.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Holes to Homes" - proposal to build on Enfield golf course

Basil Clarke

29 Oct 2023 12:16 #6993

Karl Brown wrote:

Unclear how this fits, or doesn’t, with the imminent Spurs public exhibition for using part of the space as a training ground while managing the remainder on a long lease.

Spurs are neither here nor there, as this is a different golf course, presumably the one next to Town Park, though looking at the pictures on the RCKa website I can't see any obvious landmarks.

"Holes to Homes" - proposal to build on Enfield golf course

Basil Clarke

29 Oct 2023 12:31 #6994

Basil Clarke wrote:

Spurs are neither here nor there, as this is a different golf course, presumably the one next to Town Park

Wrong again, that would be Bush Hill Park golf course. The one in the picture is Enfield golf course, looking south from the Slades Hill area. The street lined with houses that curves round is Old Park View.

Basil Clarke

29 Oct 2023 14:53 #6995

Still wrong!

It's actually looking east, towards the Lea Valley (the blue line parallel with the top of the photo is the two reservoirs) with Epping Forest on the horizon. And there are some obvious landmarks, the two tall buildings in Enfield Town (one by Enfield Town station, the other in Sydney Road) and the Alma Estate tower blocks in Ponders End.

Karl Brown

31 Oct 2023 11:52 #6996

Just to add to the farrago I appear to have started I’m given to understand, from a sector 3rd party who has been tracking the issue for a while, that the golf course in question is Enfield Golf Club (that’s west of Enfield town, backing onto Highlands School). I have in my mind this one is slated as an overspill site for flood management, but again, that could be another golf course in central Enfield given the track record. It's a revelation there are so many golf courses nearby, and by now it’s surely a reasonable assumption that neither Basil nor myself are golfers.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds