pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
pgc all green working and signpost with lettering new colour 2
facebook icon twitter icon

Forum topic: Waitrose to close its Palmers Green shop

Waitrose to close its Palmers Green shop

Freny Green

10 Feb 2017 21:42 #2725

Share share on facebook icon share on twitter icon Share by email

I will sign the petition! Am gutted that it's closing. I live locally and is the only decent food shop in the area. I walk there and back and is conveniently placed for commuters and local shoppers. Isn't that what makes it 'Little'? Winchmore Hill is further out and much less convenient for me - I will never go there. I was so happy to have good, quality food and service in Palmers Green. We must do what we can to keep the few good things we have on the otherwise thread bare high street. Help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaye Castanheira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Freny Green

10 Feb 2017 22:09 #2728

Here here, very well said Chrystalla. I have been a life-long resident of Palmers Green and remember the 80s and lovely independent shops of my childhood then to see decline, urbanisation and low rent chain shops and endless betting shops. The Waitrose was my one pleasure on the high street and much more than convenience - offering good quality products and customer service. It also seemed very busy so it must have been making some money. I agree that we should also be encouraged to shop locally and walk, cycle etc. instead of driving. Isn't that the point of 'Little'? A bigger store in Winchmore Hill is now condolence - I will never go there as it's way out of my commute home, and very inconvenient for my 'I only popped in for milk and ended up with half the store' impulse purchases.

I have signed the petition on promoted it on Twitter. I'm hoping the PG community will come together and we do something instead of watching our high street being overlooked and unloved.

Kaye Castanheira

11 Feb 2017 11:32 #2734

Sign Petition to keep Waitrose in PG!

www.change.org/p/cllr-bambos-charalambou...&utm_medium=copylink

Thank you All

Kaye Castanheira

13 Feb 2017 11:26 #2741

Garry Humphreys

16 Feb 2017 10:42 #2754

I've signed this petition, but surely it should be Waitrose to whom it is directed, not Bambos who, as our local councillor, will readily take up any matter and doesn't need a petition to do so! Best of luck, however.

Kaye Castanheira

16 Feb 2017 12:58 #2756

Thank you Garry for the advise, I am new to all this petition so I have updated it to Waitrose Bosses, www.change.org/p/all-supporters-lovers-of-waitrose-to-let-it-stay-in-pg

Kaye Castanheira

16 Feb 2017 12:59 #2757

Please all follow this link which has been updated to Waitrose Bosses! Thank-you,

www.change.org/p/all-supporters-lovers-of-waitrose-to-let-it-stay-in-pg

Basil Clarke

16 Feb 2017 13:11 #2758

Perhaps we should be writing the petition taking into account Waitrose's point of view.

So perhaps something along the lines of "You don't miss a good thing till it's gone. Many people in PG appreciated the existence of the Little Waitrose but took it for granted and didn't use as much as necessary. Now that we know that the shop's economics are fragile, we will resolve to use it much more in order to keep it."

Another point to make is that there are new flats being built in the Fox car park, then there are the new flats in the Truro House garden. Plus people are moving into PG from areas like Crouch End and Muswell Hill and will be used to having high class grocery on their doorstep.

Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds